Powered by Outside

Why Trek isnt so popular or loved?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Why Trek isnt so popular or loved?
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
odin333 wrote:
evilsmx wrote:
true but if it was say a glory or older team DH or evil revol it wouldnt have happend and if he was using a 888 the fork wouldnt be so f*cked

thats a bit dumb of a comment. seeing as the Evil Revolt JUST came out and few people actually have any and the other bikes were designed to be bomb proof. i doubt an 888 would survive. the guy pretty much landed flying sideways and dug in with the fork first, any fork would have been messed up. 888's have more problems then the new Boxxers anyway.
False, but I think any mainstream fork would have been severely damaged.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
evilsmx wrote:
true but if it was say a glory or older team DH or evil revol it wouldnt have happend and if he was using a 888 the fork wouldnt be so f*cked
That's not true because we don't know any exact factors of the crash. Speed, angle, etc etc. If anyone did, then one could test what frames could handle it.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
evilsmx wrote:
That's not true because we don't know any exact factors of the crash. Speed, angle, etc etc. If anyone did, then one could test what frames could handle it.

Had the fork not broken, the wheel wouldve, which would led the fork making direct contact, meaning it wouldve broken. this then wouldve flipped the frame over, slamming the rear wheel clean down and breaking ANY frame at the linkages.

Or not, but thats most likely.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
Let's smooth this over...

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
yeah your about 5 months, maybe 30 pages too late. but hey, thanks for talking about a discontinued entry level bike and basing the performance of a $6500 top of the line bike on how it looks.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:13 Quote
odin333 wrote:
yeah your about 5 months, maybe 30 pages too late.
more like a year, ive been on my session for 9 months now.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
WOW, everyone calm the f*** down! I failed to notice that there were 50 pages, for some reason I thought that this thread was new. MY BAD. Someone said Treks were ugly on the first page, so i posted a nice one. I never commented on it's performance. I used the Bruiser as an example of an underrated bike. The Jack was the same. I MADE A F*** MISTAKE! No need to be a jerk!

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
actually the jack was complete crap. no problem with the misunderstanding though, everyone was talking then you just pop in with a silly little comment like that.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Get back to your worldly conversation, and obviously my comment was bad, it was out of context!

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Previous Page 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 Next Page

That didn't catch your eye?

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
No it didn't! It usually does! Thank you for not e-crucifying me though...

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
i have a session 88 dh at work now and will often just take it out wen the shops quiet, either that or bmxes Razz
the sessions an odd bike it doesnt feel that greta as an all rounder, with no pro pedal its a bitch to cycles but coming down hills its fun, but not that fun
its too quick to take to the air rather than sticking to the ground imo and whats really odd is the forks feel, well, not quite as i thought a 40 would
imo its not a great DH bike but with a thicker frame itd be a great FR bike

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
Are you kidding, its clearly not set up well, they pedal like no bike ive ever ridden, and vie spent alot of time in FSR's and VPP's, they take the air well yes, but they also track brilliantly, and the 40's great when set up.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Are you kidding, its clearly not set up well, they pedal like no bike ive ever ridden, and vie spent alot of time in FSR's and VPP's, they take the air well yes, but they also track brilliantly, and the 40's great when set up.

its set up as the first one i ever test rode, for someone slightly heavier than me although this time its a medium so the rears perfect
i really dunno what your saying about the pedaling but tbf ive never enough time on any other bikes than demos (just as bad) and commencal, which is superb
the thing with the suspension is the doesnt track that well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009190
Mobile Version of Website