Powered by Outside

MBUK - Is it getting worse? Also now a discussion on the idea of a pinkbike .pdf magazine for UK users,

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
MBUK - Is it getting worse? Also now a discussion on the idea of a pinkbike .pdf magazine for UK users,
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 at 8:39 Quote
I brought MBUK last month for the first time in years since i've just recently got back into to Mountain Biking.

What's with the cheap toilet paper?? even free magazines look better than that. I mean at least if the writing crap you can wipe your arse with it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 5:58 Quote
I also used to buy MBUK but constantly this free crap which is useless really drags it down. The quality of the magazine is definitely going down hill the only still interesting part of it is Mint Sauce

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 13:18 Quote
pah

i have completely stopped reading bike mags now

Posted: Jan 14, 2011 at 10:23 Quote
jallan wrote:
theoutpost wrote:
jallan wrote:
What is doddy short for anyway? Doddeth? Doddfree?

Name dictionary

Doddy (abr)

Doddery adj.

Doddery !? What the f*ck!

I reckon he was called dobby, Yet he got ripped on for it so he changed it to doddy. From there on he could become himself and pride himself on his lycra wearing needs and his right of passage upstream could be truly read by others.
his name is andrew dodd end of

Posted: Jan 14, 2011 at 10:28 Quote
i thought this thread was dead Confused is mbuk still as bad as i remeber?

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 9:13 Quote
jjm290rulesman wrote:
jallan wrote:
theoutpost wrote:

Name dictionary

Doddy (abr)

Doddery adj.

I reckon he was called dobby, Yet he got ripped on for it so he changed it to doddy. From there on he could become himself and pride himself on his lycra wearing needs and his right of passage upstream could be truly read by others.

That's just what he wants you to think.

Slightly relevant (from this forum? I can't remember):

One day, Doddy walks into a bar
Barman asks: "Why the long face?"

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 9:38 Quote
mistercrabb wrote:
jjm290rulesman wrote:
jallan wrote:

That's just what he wants you to think.

Slightly relevant (from this forum? I can't remember):

One day, Doddy walks into a bar
Barman asks: "Why the long face?"
lol

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
sorry have to desagree.great mag.you get free stof.and theres always somthing new

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 15:54 Quote
If the 97 relates to the year you were born you were about 7 or 8 when MBUK was actually good and the free stuff you got was awesome!

I hear they are now reviewing apollo and argos catalogue bikes too? lol

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 15:54 Quote
skawt-1 wrote:
If the 97 relates to the year you were born you were about 7 or 8 when MBUK was actually good and the free stuff you got was awesome!

I hear they are now reviewing apollo and argos catalogue bikes too? lol

Yep in this months edition.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 15:55 Quote
rampage97 wrote:
sorry have to desagree.great mag.you get free stof.and theres always somthing new

The free stuff is worth as much as recycled toilet paper,back in the day you got decent free stuff like recycled pedros tyre levers,the free tyre levers i got this time around lasted 2 seconds.

Posted: Sep 7, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
marquis wrote:
rampage97 wrote:

The free stuff is worth as much as recycled toilet paper,back in the day you got decent free stuff like recycled pedros tyre levers,the free tyre levers i got this time around lasted 2 seconds.

I remember those badboys must have been around 95. they were made from plastic milk bottles it was a sad day when I lost them.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 1:56 Quote
i find MBUK repeats its self

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 3:43 Quote
personally - i loved mbuk when i got into the sport and for the first two to three years of serious mountain biking it was all i read as there were reviews of what i could afford and of the places i wanted to ride and a lot of balanced and varied info on the wc sereis etc

but

once your serous about a discipline and what more gnar and in depth knoledge about the scene of your interest there are better places to spend your cash fr/dh/dj/enduro like myself - a permenant dirt subscriber - if trail/xc then singletrack etc etc etc

mbuk deserves its props for bringing people in keeping thwm interested and providing a good sound knowledge base - but it is like the childrens encyclopedia rather than a proper oxford edition Wink

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 5:06 Quote
Could not agree more with the lumberjack.

DIRT is superb, MBUK this month teaches you how to wheelie! they have to give away free stuff every issue to get people who should know better to buy it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019119
Mobile Version of Website