Powered by Outside

inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
Yeah I feel yah , having a really light frame what is front heavy can’t be good.
I know some people whom moan about tyre weight which I think is ridiculous ????

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 9:35 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
 mcgazzaforever

YT Tues Rampage Boxxer World Cup Vivid R2C Ti coil RaceFace SixC Cinch crank bar NW 34t ring Deity Locust DM Hope Mono 6 Moto levers Reverse Equal Flange System DH 650B wheelset SDG Ti seat FSA SLK post Sram DH 7spd NukeProof pedals Intense lock-on grips KMC-X10SL chain Blue Ti hardware mcgazzaforever irideforpaul
That's a thing of beauty!

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 10:05 Quote
No more Hope 6 pots?

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 10:14 Quote
fantaman wrote:
No more Hope 6 pots?

I've still got 2 pairs of Mono 6 ti,
2 pairs of regular Mono 6 &
1 pair of Purple Mono 6 on Tech 3 levers.

Hope Mono 6 in purple with Tech 3 levers

Hope Mono 6 with Moto levers

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 2:40 Quote
ok USD fork lovers, 2 questions for the brains trust.

1. I have a set of 2014 Dorado Experts. Not sure if they are 26 or 27.5" models, how can I tell if they are 26" or 27.5"? I am presently running 27.5" wheels and with the lower crown set as high on the clamp area as possible, I still have just under 9" between the tyre and the crown.

2. Does anyone still make the drop crowns for them?

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 8:30 Quote
[Quote="rabbit-Tbone"]ok USD fork lovers, 2 questions for the brains trust.

1. I have a set of 2014 Dorado Experts. Not sure if they are 26 or 27.5" models, how can I tell if they are 26" or 27.5"? I am presently running 27.5" wheels and with the lower crown set as high on the clamp area as possible, I still have just under 9" between the tyre and the crown.

2. Does anyone still make the drop crowns for them?[/

Edit: never mind. Unsure how to delete post on mobile.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 8:37 Quote
Has anyone any experience with the IRT and IVA kits for the Dorado?
Would love to get some feedback on the two kits performance wise.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 17:07 Quote
jibb wrote:

Thanks

I got the IRT upgrade immediately after buying my Dorado. Liked the idea of being able to adjust my entire spring curve. At 200lbs, I'm finding 65 psi in the main chamber, and 110-115psi in the IRT is good for now. First bit of travel is very supple, and ramps up alot more smoother. Add it to that the hydraulic bottom out, and bigger hits feel very controlled.

Definitely recommend. Just be sure to clean the assembly every once in a while.

Now another quick question: can anyone give any tips on wheel/bars alignment for the Dorado? I've followed setup instructions perfectly, followed all correct tightening procedures, and yet my bars are still very slightly crooked (to the right), when the wheel+axle is straight.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 1:53 Quote
turco999 wrote:
jibb wrote:

Thanks

I got the IRT upgrade immediately after buying my Dorado. Liked the idea of being able to adjust my entire spring curve. At 200lbs, I'm finding 65 psi in the main chamber, and 110-115psi in the IRT is good for now. First bit of travel is very supple, and ramps up alot more smoother. Add it to that the hydraulic bottom out, and bigger hits feel very controlled.

Definitely recommend. Just be sure to clean the assembly every once in a while.

Now another quick question: can anyone give any tips on wheel/bars alignment for the Dorado? I've followed setup instructions perfectly, followed all correct tightening procedures, and yet my bars are still very slightly crooked (to the right), when the wheel+axle is straight.

Thanks for the input. Sounds good, I was interested in the kit as soon as I discovered it. The ability to adjust the spring curve is enticing for sure.

I can’t tell from your pics but I’m guessing the stem is non-dm. Usually I stand over the front wheel with a leg either side making an effort to get the bars perpendicular to the wheel (easier said than done as we all know) while doing that I get an extra set of eyes to get on the bike and after a bit of back and forth it’s sorted

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 2:01 Quote
Speaking of Dorado's i have been working on my Dorado now with raw crowns instead of the stock black crowns,my inspiration came from Motocross so i thought let's do the same thing.
photo

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 5:24 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Speaking of Dorado's i have been working on my Dorado now with raw crowns instead of the stock black crowns,my inspiration came from Motocross so i thought let's do the same thing.
photo
I did the same with an old set of 40 crowns.
A little polish and they’d look great.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 19:13 Quote
anyone know anything about these?
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 19:31 Quote
Its the Intend Infinity fork

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 4:06 Quote
fantaman wrote:
photo

Looks pretty sick, I'm tempted to do the same...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018402
Mobile Version of Website