Powered by Outside

What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 15:42 Quote
I think more expensive because mtb is a niche market. MX is much more popular than MTB.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
TroubleZone13 wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

My badRedface

And for additional, when i bought a pair of Straitline DeFacto pedals (i got it for US$150).
My friends, and mom said this "What are you thinking!!!!"
It's simply because, the costs of living in Indonesia can be said to be still low.
For example, you just need US$2-5 for 3 full meals a day.
That's why, MTB sport still considered as (super duper) expensive sport in my country.
But, I.D.G.A.F.O.S (lol). Cool

PS : meal = 1 (big) portion of rice w/ traditional fried chicken and scrambled egg.
lol that food sounds yood

What is "yood" dude?

goldhecklerswag wrote:
I think more expensive because mtb is a niche market. MX is much more popular than MTB.
I agree with you.
As i said above, people still don't believe the price of full bike cost, lets take the "cheapest" but equipped w/ top notch part like Canyon DHX Flashzone.

In my country, MX is way more popular than MTB.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 19:11 Quote
TroubleZone13 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
TroubleZone13 wrote:

And for additional, when i bought a pair of Straitline DeFacto pedals (i got it for US$150).
My friends, and mom said this "What are you thinking!!!!"
It's simply because, the costs of living in Indonesia can be said to be still low.
For example, you just need US$2-5 for 3 full meals a day.
That's why, MTB sport still considered as (super duper) expensive sport in my country.
But, I.D.G.A.F.O.S (lol). Cool

PS : meal = 1 (big) portion of rice w/ traditional fried chicken and scrambled egg.

What is "yood" dude?

goldhecklerswag wrote:
I agree with you.
As i said above, people still don't believe the price of full bike cost, lets take the "cheapest" but equipped w/ top notch part like Canyon DHX Flashzone.

lol I meant good.

And yah. Mountain biking is a niche market. But maybe in 10-20 years more and more people will get into it and new and cheaper technologies will be invented which will lower the price

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 19:31 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
TroubleZone13 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:

What is "yood" dude?

goldhecklerswag wrote:
I agree with you.

lol I meant good.

And yah. Mountain biking is a niche market. But maybe in 10-20 years more and more people will get into it and new and cheaper technologies will be invented which will lower the price

And i think i'm lucky enought to taste this sport right now.
lol.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 7:36 Quote
I recently moved out, and my roommates are worse than my parents ever were when it comes to nagging me! Whenever I buy something new they make sure to tell me that I'm making poor financial decisions, and that I should be investing my money

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 7:47 Quote
trailblitz wrote:
I recently moved out, and my roommates are worse than my parents ever were when it comes to nagging me! Whenever I buy something new they make sure to tell me that I'm making poor financial decisions, and that I should be investing my money

Same for me dude.
Whenever i have enough money to buy something, my brother and mother said that to me.
My mom always said (never change) : "Son, i think you should think again to concentrate in this sport. With that amount of money, you can save it your future such as you future wife, house, etc."

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
I hate when people say that shit. Money is money and as long as I can pay the bills I will be broke just to do something I love. Mountain biking brings me pure happiness, it creates a void that I cannot fill with anything else and I will live in a tent just to do it. Hell I am moving to a better place to ride then finding a job compared you finding a job then a place to ride.

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
IH4LIFE wrote:
I hate when people say that shit. Money is money and as long as I can pay the bills I will be broke just to do something I love. Mountain biking brings me pure happiness, it creates a void that I cannot fill with anything else and I will live in a tent just to do it. Hell I am moving to a better place to ride then finding a job compared you finding a job then a place to ride.

Seems like someone get fired up here.
Big Grin

I'm little bit jealous for you guys here.
You can move out (read : live as a independent citizen) as long as you think you're ready. CMIIW.
But here, especially for Bataknese culture, don't ever think to move out until you get married.
Even you already have fixed job and bunch of money, don't ever think about that
And FYI, there are many Bataknese people who still live with their parents despite being married.
Just sayin'.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
TroubleZone13 wrote:
IH4LIFE wrote:

Seems like someone get fired up here.
Big Grin

I'm little bit jealous for you guys here.
You can move out (read : live as a independent citizen) as long as you think you're ready. CMIIW.
But here, especially for Bataknese culture, don't ever think to move out until you get married.
And FYI, there are many Bataknese people who still live with their parents despite being married.
Just sayin'.
I do get a little frustrated with people. It's a bummer that its hard for you to move man. It would suck to have to get married just to move. I dont want to get married just for the reason I can do anything I want and my money can go straight towards bikes and what not.

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
IH4LIFE wrote:
I do get a little frustrated with people. It's a bummer that its hard for you to move man. It would suck to have to get married just to move. I dont want to get married just for the reason I can do anything I want and my money can go straight towards bikes and what not.

I can't blame anyone or anything right here.
I don't want to judge someone or something is right or wrong.
I'm just following my culture.
And i really respect that.
Since i was born and raised with this culture.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 9:39 Quote
TroubleZone13 wrote:
IH4LIFE wrote:

I can't blame anyone or anything right here.
I don't want to judge someone or something is right or wrong.
I'm just following my culture.
And i really respect that.
Since i was born and raised with this culture.
Very understandable man, two completely different cultures of the world we are talking about, no one is right or wrong.

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 17:23 Quote
So you put your bike iyour car and then drive to the place where you ride your bike??? It's a bike...why not just take off from your house?

This came from another roadie. lol

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 19:55 Quote
still don't understand why I spent $200 on a new front wheel to lose 1lb of weight.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 2:13 Quote
Why I find pinkbike interesting. ..also why offseason team transfers matter so much.
my mates would froth over it if it was footy, but somehow this makes no sense..?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016294
Mobile Version of Website