Powered by Outside

Duthie Hill

PB Forum :: USA - West
Duthie Hill
Posted: Oct 8, 2013 at 20:16 Quote
TheAngryViking wrote:
I'm gonna make a trip over the mountains to ride Duthie for a couple days, just wondering what the best trails would be for an 8in DH bike? My FR/All Mtn. bike is in the shop for warranty issues so that will be my only bike available.

I've looked through a few pages of the thread but got impatient and figured I would just ask.

Thanks!

Nothing really some of the big jump lines our do able on a 8in bike but the most fun is either had on a hardtail or short travel bike

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 17:47 Quote
So I'll rephrase my question. If you were to take your DH bike to Duthie, what trails would you ride?

Are any of the trails all or mostly downhill with limited or no pedaling? Or is it ups and downs?

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 18:09 Quote
TheAngryViking wrote:
So I'll rephrase my question. If you were to take your DH bike to Duthie, what trails would you ride?

Are any of the trails all or mostly downhill with limited or no pedaling? Or is it ups and downs?
There are plenty of all downhill trails. For a downhill bike, you could definitely ride Semper Dirticus, and probably DWB. If you want smaller jumps, gravy train or HLC are good options for the DH bike.

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 18:34 Quote
Semper Dirticus and Paramount/DWB are the two most popular big jump lines. Big Tree is pretty killer, might be hard to flow parts of it on a DH bike though. HLC is another one to check out.

Bootcamp DH is a fun warm up.

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 23:39 Quote
I've only ridden a full DH at Duthie, gotta peddle into everything but you can still hit every line for sure.

Posted: May 16, 2014 at 18:58 Quote
Hey guys, I know this is late in the day but any rippers heading to Duthie or 27 tomorrow?

I have an aerial videography platform (drone) that I need to shoot some B roll with.

Only had a few min of battery left one day last week but got a few shots
https://vimeo.com/95247506

Thx

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
THEFT at Duthie:

2 kids in a blue 90s Ford Taurus have now been caught twice rummaging through backpacks and truckbeds. I had my pack stolen yesterday and chased them down. Drove away in a blue ford Taurus license plate number AZH9842.

Both look to be around 17-18. One has died blond hair bowl cut blue eyes and an eyebrow piercing; seen vaping constantly. The other has dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Neither wore helmets and were on bmx bikes.

If you see them with a red light and motion Urban 850 call them out for it. It was literally used as they were running away. I tried tailing them but they ran a red light and lost them.

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 16:45 Quote
Hows Duthie in the winter months (dec-apr)? Im on the east cost & looking for a place to ride for the winter.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 19:01 Quote
procex wrote:
Hows Duthie in the winter months (dec-apr)? Im on the east cost & looking for a place to ride for the winter.
it drains really well and rides great. Just be sure to check where they are building/repairing before riding. And there are tons of trails near duthie that are far better!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012381
Mobile Version of Website