Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 16:34 Quote
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't have fun at parks. Street feels so free.

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 16:42 Quote
i can triple whip a scooter and 360 whips rewind but i suck at bmx haha

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
7/10. Would be an 8, but you care enough about hating scooters that you put stickers on your bike about it.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 2:32 Quote
Tell you what, i most respect scooter riders because they wear helmets! Other than that I hate them as much as everyone else who doesn't ride trails

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 3:01 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't have fun at parks. Street feels so free.
See I used to be like that, but I just started riding park more and it's ended up being most of what I ride now haha.
But I mainly lurk around the street section though. Occasionally ride bowls but I hate jump boxes haha.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 21:26 Quote
I love jump boxes, but my favorite thing about park is going and watching some of the other guys. It's just so clean. Part of that is probably because I suck at BMX though.

Dirt and Street will always be where my heart is at.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
Stupid street machine. 4 pegs, brakes, and no drivetrain.
photo

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 3:38 Quote
ebo421 wrote:
Stupid street machine. 4 pegs, brakes, and no drivetrain.
photo
no drive train= less weight!!!

what are you planning to get??

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 3:46 Quote
There's no place to stand, 3/10

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 7:55 Quote
I have hollowbytes going on, with a kink 28t but I was too lazy to finish it so I took a picture and then went inside and went to sleep

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 8:11 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
there's 4 pegs...

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 12:52 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
there's 4 pegs...
You get 1 point per peg so going from the original rating of 3 it brings it up to 10 because i like it

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
Here she is with cranks and chain etc. cover your eyes. Shizz ugggggly

photo

I know there's a lot of brake less riding but I wanted to leave a really quick review:

Odyssey Springfield brakes.
Great concept with a single external spring (look them up if you haven't)
I just bought them and I'm now running them. First impressions out of the box:
-Comes with a good amount of extra pieces
-light arms, but they feel strong and stiff
-pads are kinda ugly, a bit small
-cable hanger is nothing special, in fact I'll probably buy a new one

But I'm buying a brake set. Not each item, so let me go over that:
-arms are easy to set up. I instantly changed the spring from the stretchy one to the stiffer one, and it makes a difference
-bolts easy, I'd suggest greasing your posts for extra lube
-pads are easy to install and don't rotate when you tighten them, but that's about the only good feature. They are small, don't provide much surface area for stopping power, and are soft so you feel additional sag after they contact the wheel and start to compress
-the hanger has a large size hole so feeding the cable is easy, but pulling the hanger back to your preference tension is difficult
-hanger isn't the easiest to tighten but it's okay
-works great with oddy slic linear
-stops the wheel pretty well and have a nice low stack height

This set up is pretty good. If there's anything to upgrade it's the pads. I am running a lever with internal springs to aid the brake in springing back, but even without it, they'd be great. The cost is incredible, at under 25$ CAD for the brake, pads, hanger and spare spring and cable cap, you're sure to be happy with this purchase. It's easy to set up, no tensioning headache required, and works great with the linear. I'm rating it an 8/10 for the bad pads and hanger. All in all, I'd reccommend it, if you're willing to change pads.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
Easily 9 for being one of the few people I've seen riding 4 pegs and a brake. Looks sick man, it looks like an all rounder for a bit of everything haha

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 13:34 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
Easily 9 for being one of the few people I've seen riding 4 pegs and a brake. Looks sick man, it looks like an all rounder for a bit of everything haha
Yeah I can't stick to a certain type of riding, so I made it versatile. I'm mostly in the park, but that's jumps, quarters, banks, ledges and drops so it's really rockin there. I went with a long back end for flowing and brakes for riding quarters and bowls. Thanks a lot man.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016735
Mobile Version of Website