MBUK - Is it getting worse? Also now a discussion on the idea of a pinkbike .pdf magazine for UK users,

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
MBUK - Is it getting worse? Also now a discussion on the idea of a pinkbike .pdf magazine for UK users,
Posted: Sep 10, 2011 at 5:14 Quote
You maybe right but I doubt it.

hampsteadbandit wrote:
thelumberjack wrote:
oh b@*&&cks!!!

Thank you sir for shedding that particualr gem - i may have to stop my cocnstant use of their website etc as that is not very public at all and much is made of the "these our fav products / personally stand by them blah blah blah"

just might have to go and drop that bomb onto their sites foruma and gauge the reaction........

the bandit strikes again!

well here's the thing...when I worked for Freeborn I asked my boss "why don't we get any of our stuff in the Dirt 100 issues?"

we were importing Banshee bikes (Mythic for UK), Ellsworth bikes, Devinci bikes and Stans No-tubes (tubeless conversion) and all the brands were doing great business in the UK with lots of riders raving about their bikes / frames / parts

Dirt actually tested some of the frames and bikes and loved them, but they never appeared in the Dirt 100?

he said "I don't want to pay Dirt alot of £££ to advertise my brands in their Dirt 100 issues..."

ah ha....

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 at 7:02 Quote
Wait... when was MBUK ever good?
Seriously i remember it back in the early 90s and even then it was patronising and condescending.
Mountain Biker International was the only decent mg in the UK until Dirt cam along in 96... haven't read another bike mag properly since then.

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 2:37 Quote
marquis wrote:
danrack wrote:
Could not agree more with the lumberjack.

DIRT is superb, MBUK this month teaches you how to wheelie! they have to give away free stuff every issue to get people who should know better to buy it.

Mbuk is a beginners mag,dirt is for seasoned riders.

DIRT is for riders who like to jump/dg, no good for the xcers,

ive stopped buying dirt, love the artistic pictures, reviews ok, but the adverts get too much, i know they pay for the mag unfortunately.

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 2:39 Quote
T1mb0 wrote:
Seriously i remember it back in the early 90s and even then it was patronising and condescending.
Mountain Biker International was the only decent mg in the UK until Dirt cam along in 96... haven't read another bike mag properly since then.

Mbr is far worse than mbuk,they started the pose trend that doddy now does.

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 2:41 Quote
me-nrj wrote:
marquis wrote:
danrack wrote:

DIRT is superb, MBUK this month teaches you how to wheelie! they have to give away free stuff every issue to get people who should know better to buy it.

DIRT is for riders who like to jump/dg, no good for the xcers,

ive stopped buying dirt, love the artistic pictures, reviews ok, but the adverts get too much, i know they pay for the mag unfortunately.

Mbuk are the same and are so biased it cracks me up,they did a brake test on the old saint,tester said it was this that and the other but basically a good brake and yet the same tester testing them on a stab said they were mediocre at best Eek

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 0:52 Quote
marquis wrote:
T1mb0 wrote:

Mbr is far worse than mbuk,they started the pose trend that doddy now does.

mbuk used to be a good mag once a long time ago who remebers
mint sauce and when jmc was in it it was just a fun mag back thn now its just garbage

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 1:11 Quote
MBUK was very good for its time but now i find it repeats its self alot so i no longer buy it .would be great to have a pinkbike mag as i find pinkbike is more up to speed with what we want a what we demand for our cash . MBUK could learn alot from this i think.

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 1:29 Quote
i agree with the bloke above

Posted: Oct 1, 2011 at 1:32 Quote
Just quit my suscription with them and moved to dirt..

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 at 14:55 Quote
marquis wrote:
danrack wrote:

They both have a place.

Not everyone has been riding hardcore downhill since they were in the womb.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010630
Mobile Version of Website