Sexiest Hardtail out there
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
*cough, you're gonna get this shit locked, give it up, cough*

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
gary1 wrote:
TaylorBarr wrote:
gary1 wrote:
People with trendy bikes are funny...
Gary, please shut up. Gears and a front break and not needed for a hardtail IMO( apart from xc ). IMO i think gears just look untidy on a hardtail but just IMO. I prefer bmx's so that maybe why i prefer that though

You don't know what I ride on my bike, so you are in no position to quote me and say "Gears and a front break and not need for a hardtail".

PS. Nice sentence structure.

try not to be an idiot. He said IMO multiple times so you have no right to go against his own opinion.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
gary1 wrote:
The more braking power you have = the later you can brake = the faster you can go.
or if you have no brakes at all, the faster you go, and the lighter and cheaper your build will be

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
darkeye wrote:
gary1 wrote:
TaylorBarr wrote:

Gary, please shut up. Gears and a front break and not needed for a hardtail IMO( apart from xc ). IMO i think gears just look untidy on a hardtail but just IMO. I prefer bmx's so that maybe why i prefer that though

You don't know what I ride on my bike, so you are in no position to quote me and say "Gears and a front break and not need for a hardtail".

PS. Nice sentence structure.

try not to be an idiot. He said IMO multiple times so you have no right to go against his own opinion.

I have every right to go against his opinion... It is a forum after all. People have have the right to say what they feel, although the old saying "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" also applies.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
i actually win because i rode dh on my hardtail and my brake stopped working so i rode dh brakeless

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
edit*
what the hell, am i losing it Confused

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
I'll say this once, and I'll say it clearly. Saying IMO doesn't give you free range on posting. It's still instigating.

Topic.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
TaylorBarr wrote:
AmirB wrote:
well, you need a front brake and gears to ride AM, FR, proper DH, 4x and so on... a hardtail isnt always a street bike or an XC bike
IMO freeride = full sus . dh = full sus .

dual slalom =/= dh/fr

edit: sorry, back on topic now.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 4:14 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'll say this once, and I'll say it clearly. Saying IMO doesn't give you free range on posting. It's still instigating.

Topic.

But someone could say something like "in my own opinion I think having a front brake on a dj or street bike is unnecessary". If someone disagrees (like a certain 9 year old brat) that doesn't mean they can say "no your wrong" (or something along those lines)

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 4:26 Quote
darkeye wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Topic.

But someone could say something like "in my own opinion I think having a front brake on a dj or street bike is unnecessary". If someone disagrees (like a certain 9 year old brat) that doesn't mean they can say "no your wrong" (or something along those lines)

And why is it ever needed to be said? In a lot of ways it's like saying "In my opinion, you're an idiot." And then expecting no-one to take offense, because you said in my opinion.

I can fully understand someone just popping in with a respectful opinion on their dislike of brakes and gears, but that was just idiotic. Gary said something about trendy bikes, and another user pops out with a stunner of a first line; "Gary, please shut up." And only to continue with more of the like "PS. Dont try and be a f*ggot "

No. In absolutely no, way, shape or form was that crap needed, nor the idiotic discussion leading out of it. Don't say IMO and expect people to take instantly be gentle with you.

That said, I honestly don't think this thread is worth saving. For every page of bikes, there seems to be dozens more of IMO style back and forth bitching.

Opinions are like a*sholes. Everyone has one, and no-one wants to hear them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029660
Mobile Version of Website