Thanks.

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
No posts for 3 years! Damm!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
Forums are dead.

Have a photo for posterity sake
photo

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Hey everyone. I’m doing some research on building a fixie xc bike. I’ve looked at a ton of different frames but I’m trying not to break the budget. Does anyone have a good frame that is affordable and would be a good base for an xc fixie? I want it to be durable enough to send down the trails. Please comment on this and let me know. Thanks everyone.

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 22:56 Quote
That sounds like a lot of fun and is something I have been thinking about for a while now. If I ever get setup to build a frame, that’s probably what I’d do first. A rigid steel 29er fixed gear bike geared for riding off road. Kind of like a Rivendell Atlantis with track dropouts.

It depends on what you want to do though. It could be simple as converting an old Redline Monocog or Surly 1x1.

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
Not particularly fixed, but single speed.

Noticed the right dropout is smaller. Will I have issues with chain tension when I make it single speed, or are there any ways around it?

Noticed the right dropout is smaller. Will I have issues with chain tension when I make it single speed or are there any ways around it

Finally delivered. I ve ordered several parts for it and will slowly get them when I can. For now I ll ride the Carrera.

Found the same model of mine in fixed gear butt he chain looks slack. Can you get chain tensioners for old bikes like mine?

photo

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
That’s a different frame from the looks of it, same paint job though! The dropouts, cable guides, and seat stay connection points are different. Also, there’s no fender eyelets.

You can notch out the dropout easily enough with a hacksaw and a small round file. Or you can use a tensioner if you don’t want to bother with it.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 1:19 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
That’s a different frame from the looks of it, same paint job though! The dropouts, cable guides, and seat stay connection points are different. Also, there’s no fender eyelets.

You can notch out the dropout easily enough with a hacksaw and a small round file. Or you can use a tensioner if you don’t want to bother with it.

Thanks for the tips. I'll go for a tensioner most likely.

Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015964
Mobile Version of Website