Powered by Outside

Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 12:20 Quote
stainburn is near otley, and you could say bradford, nuff said.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 12:23 Quote
yeah it was a peivate grammar school somewhere, definitely not bradford. but a bike can be stolen from anywhere so why risk taking an expensive bike to school?

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
ahh, lol, yer, precisely the reason i don't ride to school

not that im saying i go to a real nice school or ought... just realised it could sound like i am Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 at 3:18 Quote
I live about 30 seconds walk away from my school, so I just walk home and go riding at lunch. I can only get 35-40 min of riding in though. But, if I did live far enough away to justify riding to school, I wouldn't. Some kid locked his 2010 Demo 8 II, and some dicks figured out the code, (by pure luck), and started riding around at lunch. Let's just say he never wanted to f*ck with the bikers again...

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 at 3:50 Quote
Dirt-Street-Park wrote:
I live about 30 seconds walk away from my school, so I just walk home and go riding at lunch. I can only get 35-40 min of riding in though. But, if I did live far enough away to justify riding to school, I wouldn't. Some kid locked his 2010 Demo 8 II, and some dicks figured out the code, (by pure luck), and started riding around at lunch. Let's just say he never wanted to f*ck with the bikers again...

expensive downhill bike + combination lock = f*cking stupid

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 at 3:53 Quote
Yup. I want to start a petition or something in coalition with my shop teacher to build a shed that gets locked when the bell rings for school start and end. Some one (like me!) would have to keep a key, and have responsibility for it.

Posted: Dec 23, 2010 at 5:03 Quote
sounds like a pretty good idea. i wish the design centre in enmore has something like that. no way am i riding there. its more ghetto than redfern

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 0:42 Quote
i had one of those thick expensive specialized locks that have a key. i thought i was invincible, but apparently not. i brought my specialized hardrock to my school ive been building up for quite some time now, and its sad that its gone. i kept my bike in my dorm and rode it around campus from time to time, but i had a 8:20am-12:20pm chem lab to go to and i was late so i decided to ride my bike. assuming that its in the morning, i didnt think anyone would take it. but i was wrong. heck, they even took the lock too! moral of the story? every lock can be cut. basically, the thief just has to work harder to cut it if you have a better lock.

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
matt-p wrote:
on the second last day of school of middle school, i brouht my bike to school, but i forgot to bring a lock, so what i did is that i actually brought it into all my classes, teacher sent me to the principal's office cause i wouldnt leave it outside, so i went and took the bike with me too! told the princial that im not leaving a 1300 bike outisde without a lock, so he didnt care and i brought it in classes with me. during lunch, i was doin laps in the hallways!!

total ballshit

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 14:57 Quote
Lewis2701 wrote:
matt-p wrote:
on the second last day of school of middle school, i brouht my bike to school, but i forgot to bring a lock, so what i did is that i actually brought it into all my classes, teacher sent me to the principal's office cause i wouldnt leave it outside, so i went and took the bike with me too! told the princial that im not leaving a 1300 bike outisde without a lock, so he didnt care and i brought it in classes with me. during lunch, i was doin laps in the hallways!!

total ballshit

nah, i bite, except for maybe the hallway laps part.

School in North America (specifically the west coast) is way less.....formal, than in European/Commonwealth countries (yes I realize Canada is commonwealth, it's one of the exemptions)

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:00 Quote
Lewis2701 wrote:
matt-p wrote:

total ballshit
+1

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:00 Quote
sounds plausible to me

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:01 Quote
I ride my kona stinky or NS traffic to school. The stinky when I am riding after school. We lock bikes together, then have a U lock and long cable

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
Almost unrelated, i found a lost dog one day at school in the morning, had no tags, so i decided to keep it with me for the day, that was fun, especially soccer in PE class.

Completely related, I take my wildcard to school on occasion, lock it up in either the woodshop teachers office (he's a rider too, he understands my plight), or in the PE Equipment lock up. Both spots students dont have access to without a teacher present, so its golden.

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 15:17 Quote
A teachers office is good especially when they ride themselves and leave their bike in there. I used one of my Assistant Principals office nearly everyday for about 3 years.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010872
Mobile Version of Website