Powered by Outside

The Official GT5 Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official GT5 Thread
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
I held back on the weight savings because in previous gt games going too light seemed to kill the handling,in gt5 how ever the weight savings seem to pay dividends although having to add weight so the weight bias adjustment works seems a tad backward in coming forward.

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:07 Quote
i had a 07 impreza fully tuned on sports soft, handled fine, only issue was trying to get the front end to stick when you were on the gass

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:08 Quote
so it didn't handle fine.... lol i keed i keed and yeah thats what ive got.
im pissed they dont have the Forester XT cause i really want one (for reals i mean)

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
it wasnt horrid.. just couldnt power off the corner as hard as you can with even race mediums

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:10 Quote
NWray wrote:
i had a 07 impreza fully tuned on sports soft, handled fine, only issue was trying to get the front end to stick when you were on the gass

i can't fathom out the diff settings so mostly run stock diffs,think the trick with 4wd is to come in slow and power out.

I have also set the rear toe to zero and this does help,but have never gone toe out but i should as this makes the rear wheels turn better.

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:13 Quote
i tried everything i could on that thing... even fluffed with the Diffs a tad but still nothing. i found rear toe out made it super twitchy on the straights or through s-bends

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:15 Quote
Yeah finding the toe is a tad sketch under braking too,have you fully lightened it ? and what sort of power is it.

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:23 Quote
dont have it any more, but everything was maxxed(weight/power). weight distro was 50% but i dont have it any more cause i lost the log in info's for that acc after my PS3 died Cry

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:27 Quote
Try this for 4wd vehicles

Torque distribution
25%-30% front , 70%-75% rear

Front diff
Tq 10
Accel 20
Decel 20

Rear diff
Tq 35
Accel 40
Decel 40

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 16:29 Quote
Max power might have been the bugbear as it will just push regardless.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 17:50 Quote
Going to try your 4wd setup scripps, will let peeps know how it goes, haven't spent much time fiddling on that scooby with the suspension so will see what i do Smile

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 17:54 Quote
Completely irrelevant, but just drove a clean lap 6:52.979 first time out in an Arta NSX 06. Lost a good 5 secs through a wheel on the green stuff tho.

Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 19:48 Quote
Monster what was it tuned to just wondering? Or plain stock? I just got 6:40.657 in mine but its at 610pp Razz

And on 4wd vehicles if the front tires are giving out when on the gas, you might have too high of a front torque rating from the split. The front tires have to turn and accelerate, both which demand grip out of the tire and if you combine both then the tire will more easily exceed its grip threshold. The rear tires undergoe only a fraction of the sideways forces so they have a higher grip threshold when it comes to accelerating through a corner. For this reason if you shift the torque split from 45:55 to 30:70 your car will have a great handling advantage. Although for rally increasing the front rating is good 35:65 to 40:60

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2012 at 20:03 Quote
cleverrrr hence why high powered front wheel drive cars UNDERSTEEEER harsh. Hence my "decision" to get a scooby rather than a mazda MPS 3 (aka MazdaSpeed).

+ torquesteer Razz

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 0:42 Quote
has anyone got a setup to make a nascar go around corners lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020162
Mobile Version of Website