Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 6:12 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Pontificating..... Good one

If you're in Whistler Wednesday it's only a five hour drive to Silver Star for opening day Friday. Not sayin'... just sayin'...

Maybe this is a tourist thing to say but I honestly do love it... "When in Whistler, GO TO PEAKED PIES!!!" Seriously! I think mashed taters, peas, and gravy could be some of my favorite things... Nomnomnom

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 6:25 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Pontificating..... Good one

If you're in Whistler Wednesday it's only a five hour drive to Silver Star for opening day Friday. Not sayin'... just sayin'...

Maybe this is a tourist thing to say but I honestly do love it... "When in Whistler, GO TO PEAKED PIES!!!" Seriously! I think mashed taters, peas, and gravy could be some of my favorite things... Nomnomnom

are you going to be here Jake?

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

You bet! We'll pull in Thursday night. Can't wait for three days of pastries and espresso interspersed with the occasional muddy lap.

Put some marsh guards on our bikes last night in giddy anticipation of the splatter.

Been pretty awesome start to the season here with Panorama doing sneak peak weekends that started on May Long... That mountain is feeling fully refreshed with new features everywhere you look. Very cool!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 6:47 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

You bet! We'll pull in Thursday night. Can't wait for three days of pastries and espresso interspersed with the occasional muddy lap.

Put some marsh guards on our bikes last night in giddy anticipation of the splatter.

Been pretty awesome start to the season here with Panorama doing sneak peak weekends that started on May Long... That mountain is feeling fully refreshed with new features everywhere you look. Very cool!

Sweet. Maybe we see you there.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:01 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
I'll sxt you

Sweet. Make it dirty....

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:38 Quote

Good call. Mine will be going on this week. There's going to be some spatter up top riding between the snow banks. Down lower should just be the odd puddle/soft spot here and there.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:09 Quote
jerome wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
jerome wrote:
so now I am tired. Good day of raing enduro I placed 14 out of 28 in the 40+ category. 50kms 1800 meters of climbing. It was a lot of fun!!! and the trails in the Crowsnest Pass are a blast!

Nice work! That is a big day. Nice to challenge yourself like that to see if you can sort of be in touch with the big boys. Congrats!
Thanks Crisco, I think I might race it again next year. It was well organized, you got your times as soon as you brought back your timing chip, your entry fee included a beer and food after the event so it was well worth the $100 entry fee.

Right on. I rode the Harper Mtn. enduro last season with about the same stats with vert and distance. It damn near killed me but I was very ill prepared. It was also +35 so that made it worse. I should have given it another chance this year as the conditions were killer and they chilled out the climbing. c'est la vie. If the Marin Wildside Enduro ever lands near year, be sure to give that one a go. Very well organized, half the entrance fee with food and beer.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:15 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
jerome wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Nice work! That is a big day. Nice to challenge yourself like that to see if you can sort of be in touch with the big boys. Congrats!
Thanks Crisco, I think I might race it again next year. It was well organized, you got your times as soon as you brought back your timing chip, your entry fee included a beer and food after the event so it was well worth the $100 entry fee.

Right on. I rode the Harper Mtn. enduro last season with about the same stats with vert and distance. It damn near killed me but I was very ill prepared. It was also +35 so that made it worse. I should have given it another chance this year as the conditions were killer and they chilled out the climbing. c'est la vie. If the Marin Wildside Enduro ever lands near year, be sure to give that one a go. Very well organized, half the entrance fee with food and beer.

well done Jerome. crowsnest pass no less....cool.
I think i'm becoming endurocurious.
but I just lack that "racer gene".

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
Endurocurious.... Hmm a slippery slope, some call it a choice... Some blame genetics....i myself have no tolerance for such backwoods buggary....

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:47 Quote
i had sponsored racer gene surgically removed same year my kiddo was born. been satisFACTORYrider ever since.

obee- my kiddo would do exact same with lego build parts. great system especially when we started takin on the big scale offerings like star destroyers!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 11:19 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Endurocurious.... Hmm a slippery slope, some call it a choice... Some blame genetics....i myself have no tolerance for such backwoods buggary....

brilliant segue.

the moron who titled this video needs an overhaul on his sarcasm recognizer machine.

lets all pray the gay away, then we can be a homo-nomo.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
obee- my kiddo would do exact same with lego build parts. great system especially when we started takin on the big scale offerings like star destroyers![/Quote]

before teachers college I worked in a machine shop that made a lot of high end furniture and architectural "accessories" etc.
watching how a millwright, welder, assembler, etc. set themselves and their stations up spoke volumes about how the work was going to end up.

i'm stoked that my kid naturally gravitates towards this kind of approach to fabrication.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 12:24 Quote
obee1 wrote:
obee- my kiddo would do exact same with lego build parts. great system especially when we started takin on the big scale offerings like star destroyers!

before teachers college I worked in a machine shop that made a lot of high end furniture and architectural "accessories" etc.
watching how a millwright, welder, assembler, etc. set themselves and their stations up spoke volumes about how the work was going to end up.

i'm stoked that my kid naturally gravitates towards this kind of approach to fabrication.[/Quote]

good stuff. mine took an industrial design workshop last fall and loved it. he had an amazing teacher who made quite an impression on him and has him thinking about design in mechanical and architectural fields. we've been very fortunate that he's had amazing teachers all these years. the mrs and i have always volunteered at his schools in art and science classes since kindergarten and it's been great to get the teachers' perspective to help our kid. much respect to great educators.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 12:42 Quote
shazbot.... just went down to put new grips on Kona entourage... oil weeping out of rebound side leg...

A) ride Kona and hope for a good amount of runs without total seal blowout?
B) take covert and rist ucking that up?

Kona? me is leaning towards this....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.084213
Mobile Version of Website