Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
Also I know you guys might be sick of me post whoring my bike but if you are interested I will show some more detailed pics of what my team mechanic and I have done that give it that little extra. It's the little details that would be missed in a normal picture and you really have to look for to notice but really set it apart.

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Also I know you guys might be sick of me post whoring my bike but if you are interested I will show some more detailed pics of what my team mechanic and I have done that give it that little extra. It's the little details that would be missed in a normal picture and you really have to look for to notice but really set it apart.

Yes please, lol whore away

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Just curious what is your weight with gear?

230lbs

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 9:32 Quote
Scott gambler x2

Fox x2 float fitted today and setup by mojo hell of a diffenece changed the forks settings to

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 12:12 Quote
Ok so I have fitted a 550 x 3.25 on my Gambler.

Not the recommended 3.50. Can I have some opinions on if this is an issue? Some have told me yes and others not all all??

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
Bin it... The stroke length of the shock is incorrect

Was never meant to work with the linkage system .. Shock has No ramp up

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 14:28 Quote
^ Hes using the correct size 10.5 x 3.5 shock, hes just fitted a spring with only 3.25" of stroke.

(which will bottom out and bind before the shock reaches full travel)

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 8:30 Quote
Maybe ramp up the bottom out control for now? Not sure if that would help. Definitely get a 3.50 spring.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 8:36 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Maybe ramp up the bottom out control for now? Not sure if that would help. Definitely get a 3.50 spring.

Went back to 425lb x 3.50 earlier today!

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 11:33 Quote
Hi everyone
I was very generously given a 710 gambler frame by girlfriend for Christmas
I need some help setting the shock up
I need a 425 lb spring
Can anyone recommend settings
Many thanks
Stu

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 12:51 Quote
impman wrote:
Hi everyone
I was very generously given a 710 gambler frame by girlfriend for Christmas
I need some help setting the shock up
I need a 425 lb spring
Can anyone recommend settings
Many thanks
Stu

You have a keeper mate!!

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
She is now actually my fiance hahahahaha

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 13:17 Quote
impman wrote:
She is now actually my fiance hahahahaha

Congrats mate

Anyways.. What shock have you got? And why do you think you need a 425lb spring? If you do need that spring you can't know how to set it till the spring is on? Assuming your talking rear shock?

Posted: Jan 18, 2016 at 13:34 Quote
I've got the dhx rc4 I used that spring calculator
Spring is currently on order and on its way
I had the same thing with my commencal
Fitted a heavy spring and it totally transformed the way the bike felt as I'm quite heavy
I'm just after some guidance I need someone to say it needs be be set between this and this ect

Is the paint on yours also shockingly bad? One ride after building it and there is a chip in the downtube one near the headtube and some by the chain ring

Posted: Jan 19, 2016 at 0:05 Quote
Scott gambler x2

Save up mate and invest fox x2 it's the bomb. Rode all weekend and honestly the bike just feels like it's floating over everything.. Over roots it's super soft to the point can't feel anything but then when you come to big jump the shock ramps up and becomes ferm with loads of pop

Take trip to mojo have the bike setup up Paul .. I found the gambler terrible to ride until now .. Regards to paint work it's shocking mines chipped all over only ridden handful of times

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014337
Mobile Version of Website