2021 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2021 Stumpjumper
Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 16:19 Quote
Butcher's pretty draggy/slow on the back especially in T9. Grid trail is definitely an upgrade in puncture resistance and the casing is slightly thicker than EXO (overall similar durability). I'd go with an Eliminator T7 grid trail if you want a bit better durability and traction without slowing things down too much. Comparable to a DHR maxxterra exo but a good bit cheaper

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 19:20 Quote
If you don't want to bend over to Maxxis, the Spesh Eliminator is very good on the rear, (no pun intended).
I have torn many DHR2 exo sidewalls(even though they feel fairly thick).
The Eliminator lasts very well also.
OOPs didn't see the last post, but totally agree.

Posted: Aug 23, 2022 at 20:06 Quote
I had bad luck with the Eliminator T7 that came on my EVO. Didn’t last 300 miles before I ripped numerous knobs off. DHR2 already has more miles and looks like new. But that might just be our limestone and granite.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 6:34 Quote
Buddy (btw he's a bike shop dude) said he's giving me his Butcher to get through the remaining of this season (it's a T7 btw) for my beat up Purgatory which I'm a bit hesitant, debating if I should just pump it every ride haha. He siad it's best to put fresh rubber on in spring for next year (might get into enduro racing a bit more).

He's liking the 29x2.5 Assegai maxxgrip Exo+ front, 29x2.4 DHR2 DD back combo.

Aaaaanyways, thanks everyone for the impute, learned a lot about dialing in my tires better for next yearSmile

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
Let us know how that t7 Butcher works on the rear, as I was thinking of trying one.

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 10:18 Quote
bentin wrote:
I had bad luck with the Eliminator T7 that came on my EVO. Didn’t last 300 miles before I ripped numerous knobs off. DHR2 already has more miles and looks like new. But that might just be our limestone and granite.

Some of the first batches of T7 and T9 eliminators had a defect where knobs would tear off the casing. Was a pretty widespread issue, my friends who had it happen got store credit from spesh for new tires (any brand)

Posted: Aug 24, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
bentin wrote:

Some of the first batches of T7 and T9 eliminators had a defect where knobs would tear off the casing. Was a pretty widespread issue, my friends who had it happen got store credit from spesh for new tires (any brand)

Ha, good to know. Yeah, at first I just had a few that sort of flapped around, but it became a real issue when four tore completely off and nearly all were starting to come away. We also lost all of our Spesh stores to the Evil Trek Empire, so I couldn't commune with people that might have known this at the time.

Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 22:52 Quote
Any idea on how much the
2022 SPECIALIZED STUMPJUMPER EVO PRO weights Straight out of the box no changes?
can’t seem to find the weight anywhere.

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
Quick question. I just got a 2021 S-Works Stumpjumper frame I am building up. I intended to use the Raceface Next Cinch 30mm cranks from a prior bike. Has anyone else here used these cranks on their stumpy? If so how many BB spacers did you use and what size?

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
stevepacini wrote:
Quick question. I just got a 2021 S-Works Stumpjumper frame I am building up. I intended to use the Raceface Next Cinch 30mm cranks from a prior bike. Has anyone else here used these cranks on their stumpy? If so how many BB spacers did you use and what size?

When I set up my cranks I use the trial and error method. Just don't torque down your crank bolt every time you install the crank, and check the spin and virtual chainline visually.

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
seraph wrote:
stevepacini wrote:

When I set up my cranks I use the trial and error method. Just don't torque down your crank bolt every time you install the crank, and check the spin and virtual chainline visually.

Thank you, I will try this tonight. Holy Moly your Stumpy is a thing of beauty! Nice build. Any changes or updates made to the Pike you are running?

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 13:00 Quote
stevepacini wrote:
seraph wrote:
stevepacini wrote:

Thank you, I will try this tonight. Holy Moly your Stumpy is a thing of beauty! Nice build. Any changes or updates made to the Pike you are running?

It has a Smashpot coil conversion, but other than that it's a normal Pike. My suspension guy and I are going to try to see if we can install Buttercups even though it's not supposed to be compatible.

Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
dose anyone have experience converting the stock front stumpy allow wheel from tourque caps to normal ones, to fit a fox fork?
Thanks
-parks

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
Parks-Whalen wrote:
dose anyone have experience converting the stock front stumpy allow wheel from tourque caps to normal ones, to fit a fox fork?
Thanks
-parks

I just did this - this is the part you need S205900002

https://shopbikesupply.com/products/specialized-edc-bear-pawls-bmb-00315of0-front-hub-endcap-set-19mm?variant=38910127800505

pop the non rotor side cap out, slide the old axle out and push this one through - snap the 19mm caps on and you are good to go.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 16:11 Quote
What is everyone using for rear shocks? I have the 2022 stumpy with Fox performance rear shock that I have blown twice in five months.. I am only 150lb but push the bike pretty hard.

Considering trying the Fox Float X, does anybody have any experience with this?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014368
Mobile Version of Website