Powered by Outside

The "Introduce yourself" thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The "Introduce yourself" thread
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
Hello! I'm Francis from Canada, I'm 31 and I love outdoor activities (especially kayaking and hiking) and the computer. See ya!

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
Hi.

Another snowboarder here getting back into the sport.

Sh!t's changed a lot in 20 years, that's for sure.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 22:48 Quote
Hey, i'm Mike and i live in the outskirts of Brisbane. Moved here from London nearly 10 years ago.

Just getting back into cycling; I used to ride a lot in my youth in England, but only got a bike here in 2018. I was just commuting at first but am now trying to re-learn off road - I'm 20 years out of practice Redface Can't wait to get better!

I used to snowboard a lot (hello Milton Keynes snowdome) and miss the adrenalin - and the cold weather

I listen to music a lot - Aussie music is going great guns and i love the triple j radio station. Mostly like indie, dance, house and trance. Also I'm committed to craft beer Beer and the bar scene in Brisbane has transformed since 2012 Big Grin

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
I’m a full time artist (I paint), and frustrated mountain dweller. Frustrated because I live in melbourne, Australia, & not at the base of a big hill full of trails.

I like ultralight hiking, camping and sometimes 4wd. I own 3 mtbs; a 140mm trail bike, a rigid single speed and an enduro sled. I also own a gravel grinder, though I’ll probably sell it. Because I find it boring by comparison

I like to build things and renovate, and occasionally moonlight as a handyman when times are tough. I regularly delude myself that I’m pretty self sufficient in all things.

I’m a shortarse, so am known to comment enthusiastically here about seat tube lengths and stack height. My FS 29ers regularly buzzes my backside on descents.

I’ve ridden all over Australia, then also in NZ, European alps, Spain, California and Peru. I’m looking forward to riding overseas again once the plague ends . Until the Aussie trails are pretty damn good, so I’m satisfied with them

Musically, I appreciate odd & esoteric stuff these days but came from metal/hardcore as an angry young man. I’m much more chilled out now. I’m a conflicted minimalist, consciously owning very little except for too many bikes, bike gear and hiking/camping stuff.

I basically grew up on a bmx, and the very first thing I ever did on my first bike was build an extremely sketchy jump. Then I grazed my knees and repeated the experience again and again (I did get better).

That’s me in a nutshell

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 3:34 Quote
I've just noticed I've been a member for 22 years, (that cant right) figured I best say hi.
Hi guys.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
Hi folks, I'm Dave, registered ages ago but didnt ever start posting

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 17:21 Quote
I am the next skills with Phil because I was born to be a biker (:

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
Currently working as a carpenter in South Wales- UK.
But trying to break out of the usual 9-5 and find a more meaningful job/work.

Ive been training towards racing the EWS100 In Crans Montana this September which is 2 days before my birthday. That's this year's big challenge for me just to see if I can get through it all .
Then after the race is finished I'm going to cycle all the way home from Switzerland back to my home near Swansea, South Wales UK. (Massively inspired by Matthew Fairbrother)

I'm having a break from Instagram right up until the race so if any of you want to follow my progress my insta is @lewthebate

Cheers ⚡

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
Hey Thanks for starting this thread.

My mom is keen to start a MTB'ers BnB in SQUAMISH at a property she own and manages. If anyone needs a place to stay while riding SQUAMISH and WHISTLER and perhaps the NORTH SHORE we can get some names together and see how much interest. WE can also help guide folks who are finding their way around. Good eats and swimming spots etc....off the beaten path type ones.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 1:47 Quote
Just saying hey. Hey whats up

Posted: Jan 28, 2023 at 2:13 Quote
Hello everyone, I am Jonty from Lanark and I'm excited to join this forum. I am a cycling enthusiast and love to hit the trails on my MTB and the road on my road bike. I am always looking for new routes, challenges and people to ride with. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from others here. Cheers!

Posted: Dec 13, 2023 at 4:39 Quote
Hi all forum members, its pleasure to be this big community part
Alex/Sanderson from Australia

24 years old

Started as a competitive swimmer and transitioned into triathlons. After realizing a passion for extreme sports, I shifted to downhill mountain biking. Initially rode BMX before investing in a custom-built downhill bike. Currently planning to participate in local downhill races.

Passionate about electronic music and enjoy producing tracks in my free time. Also, a photography enthusiast with a keen eye for landscapes and nature. Currently exploring new camera gear to enhance my photography skills.

Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 11:15 Quote
Hello people, I am from the PNW. Former road bike racer, snowboarder for 33+ yrs and former drummer of alternative 80s rock. Currently my main rides are big tire ebike and ski bikes. I purchased my first ebike 3 yrs ago, a cruiser style. Found I really liked the bike but didn't care for the lack of suspension so I sold it after 1.5yrs and picked up a full suspension, mid drive big tire bike that does the trick for me. I ride it summer and winter, its a blast. Knee issues keep me from riding a regular bike these days.
I have also been ski biking for 13+ yrs now. I'm currently building up one of my ski bike frames with new suspension and so forth which found me into this site while searching out shocks.

Going ski biking again this weekend, more good times. !!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014876
Mobile Version of Website