Canyon Spectral CF 8.0
Canyon Spectral CF 8.0
Canyon Spectral CF 8.0
Canyon Spectral CF 8.0
Canyon Spectral CF 8.0
Canyon Spectral CF 8.0
Canyon Spectral CF 8.0

Here's my new Spectral CF 8.0

Now just need to wait for the spring to get in on proper trails. Too much snow and ice currently...

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
Kersh wrote:
Selling my torque if anyone is looking for one

2018 Canyon Torque CF 9 - Medium

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2508582/

Do you really think it pedals up hill better than a Strive. I’ve not ridden a new torque yet so thought that was an interesting comment.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
Got the new 2019 Spectral CF 9.0. Sweet bike, but it keeps dropping the chain down the cassette in the biggest cog, if i need to get my feet to a better position and move the pedals backwards. This is really annoying! Anyone with a fix for that problem? So far i adjusted the b-gap, and tried an X01 cassette. Still drops the chain.....

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
Frostmayn87 wrote:
Got the new 2019 Spectral CF 9.0. Sweet bike, but it keeps dropping the chain down the cassette in the biggest cog, if i need to get my feet to a better position and move the pedals backwards. This is really annoying! Anyone with a fix for that problem? So far i adjusted the b-gap, and tried an X01 cassette. Still drops the chain.....
I think your talking about the back peddle problem. Its normally chainline related. I had this on my strive when it came with the raceface next carbon cranks. When i broke them and switched out for SRAM X01s with 6mm offset the problem disappeared. no amount of b tension will cure as the chain is slipping off from the top.

If it is a 12 speed group i suggest you use an alignment device to put your b tension back to where it should be in the sag position otherwise you will get goofy shifts.

What cranks is it running?

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Frostmayn87 wrote:
I think your talking about the back peddle problem. Its normally chainline related. I had this on my strive when it came with the raceface next carbon cranks. When i broke them and switched out for SRAM X01s with 6mm offset the problem disappeared. no amount of b tension will cure as the chain is slipping off from the top.

If it is a 12 speed group i suggest you use an alignment device to put your b tension back to where it should be in the sag position otherwise you will get goofy shifts.

Yeah it's the backpedal problem. The bike came with Truvativ Descendant Eagle carbon cranks, X01 eagle derailleur, GX eagle cassette, GX eagle chain and X01 shifter.

But now i have a X01 cassette on the bike with XX1 eagle chain and the wolftooth Camo spider M5 (3mm offset) with wolftooth Camo chainring.

The b-gap is where it should be.

Any ideas?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Frostmayn87 wrote:
yeti-monster wrote:
Frostmayn87 wrote:

Yeah it's the backpedal problem. The bike came with Truvativ Descendant Eagle carbon cranks, X01 eagle derailleur, GX eagle cassette, GX eagle chain and X01 shifter.

But now i have a X01 cassette on the bike with XX1 eagle chain and the wolftooth Camo spider M5 (3mm offset) with wolftooth Camo chainring.

Any ideas?
Can you borrow someones 6mm offset chainring to try? I've heard you can actually get a better chainline this way anyway. Just frame clearance issues to consider....

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
yeti-monster wrote:
Frostmayn87 wrote:
yeti-monster wrote:

Any ideas?
Can you borrow someones 6mm offset chainring to try? I've heard you can actually get a better chainline this way anyway. Just frame clearance issues to consider....

The CAMO system from wolftooth uses the same chainring on all offsets. The offset is in the CAMO spider, so im thinking about buying a CAMO spider with 6mm offset for a 49mm chainline? Someone told me that the chain would "tick" on the other cogs on the cassette with 49mm chainline, but i don't know if it's true?

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
Frostmayn87 wrote:
yeti-monster wrote:
Frostmayn87 wrote:

Any ideas?

The CAMO system from wolftooth uses the same chainring on all offsets. The offset is in the CAMO spider, so im thinking about buying a CAMO spider with 6mm offset for a 49mm chainline? Someone told me that the chain would "tick" on the other cogs on the cassette with 49mm chainline, but i don't know if it's true?
I suppose £23 isnt a massive amount and you could send it back if your really careful installing!
Got to be more effective to have the chainline slightly skewed towards the big rings. Good luck pal

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 1:13 Quote
GazP wrote:
Kersh wrote:

Do you really think it pedals up hill better than a Strive. I’ve not ridden a new torque yet so thought that was an interesting comment.

Yeah definitely, my Strive never had any sort of climb switch on the back, plus once you get the suspension set up right it doesn't bob about or move at all.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
taifi wrote:
Kersh wrote:

why?

Gone to two bikes. The Torque was great, but i do either full on downhill or a jib around the forest, not really the middle/upper ground this is designed for

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
Has anyone ridden their spectral at a bike park, really curious on how it does on jumps, especially larger jumps. I'm looking into getting one and turning into a park/Jib machine.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
christianlund wrote:
Has anyone ridden their spectral at a bike park, really curious on how it does on jumps, especially larger jumps. I'm looking into getting one and turning into a park/Jib machine.

I dont know about the new one, but I've done crabapple and a dozen of aline with mine..no issue

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
I have a strive Al 2016 with a cane creek shock.
I want to swap it for a RS monarch Plus, does anyone know what size hardware I need for the shock?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022218
Mobile Version of Website