Powered by Outside

Giant trance?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant trance?
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 2:17 Quote
I would upgrade the fork to something with 140mm of travel and a 15mm or 20mm axle. of course this also means that you'll need to replace the front wheel. buy used and save yourself some money. I would leave the shock alone. add more air or send it to push ind. or try this... http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/3-amazing-trance-x-mods-590031.html

Thrillride wrote:
thanks guys thats pretty much what I thought I'd hear. Yes I am the original owner, and the thing is I love this bike and my dad got TWO at the same time...One for me, one for him, but he never rides and I think I will eventually take it over!

So ride it til it breaks huh....What kind of break are we talking here? I don't wanna hit a 7 ft drop and have the frame buckle under me...I'll keep an eye out for cracks and stuff. Thanks again.

Oh oh! Would a coil shock be at all possible on a trance? Do I want to upgrade my fork at all? Thanks!

Posted: Nov 30, 2011 at 8:08 Quote
Thrillride wrote:
thanks guys thats pretty much what I thought I'd hear. Yes I am the original owner, and the thing is I love this bike and my dad got TWO at the same time...One for me, one for him, but he never rides and I think I will eventually take it over!

So ride it til it breaks huh....What kind of break are we talking here? I don't wanna hit a 7 ft drop and have the frame buckle under me...I'll keep an eye out for cracks and stuff. Thanks again.

Oh oh! Would a coil shock be at all possible on a trance? Do I want to upgrade my fork at all? Thanks!

I've personally never seen a broken Trance. I couldn't say where one would most likely break. I think most Trance owners don't use them for big drops.

The Trance has a non-standard I2I length. I think it will be difficult for you to find any off-the-shelf replacement shock, let alone a coil.

Also note that Giant says putting a fork with more than 140mm of travel on Trance will void the warranty.

I can see that if you have 2 Trances, selling one to fund a bigger bike might make sense. You probably won't get much for it, though, because of the age.

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 11:39 Quote
my 2010 giant trance x i am changing the rs revs for a set of 2012 Fox 36 Float 160 RLC FIT Fork, dropped to 140mm travel and a set of stans flows rims on superstar switch hubs some time this month
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 11:44 Quote
So what are the main differences between a Trance X and a Reign? I'm looking at getting a new bike and I'm not to sure which one to go with yet

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
Trance is XC, Reign is AM. The reign has more travel, slacker head angle, is better downhill and on jumps then the trance. The trance is better at climbing hills.

FL
Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 7:15 Quote
hi guys im looking to put my trance x5 09 up to 6" travel front and back has anyone had problem with doing this? im kinda thinknig i need a bigger rocker bracket im not sure and i cant fine the info i need anywhere.

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 7:46 Quote
all upgrades done Big Grin
photo

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 7:57 Quote
shaggy24 wrote:
hi guys im looking to put my trance x5 09 up to 6" travel front and back has anyone had problem with doing this? im kinda thinknig i need a bigger rocker bracket im not sure and i cant fine the info i need anywhere.
the fork you can do it there are a few on pb, but i would say 140mm at the most,the rear is a big NO 120mm is your lot

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 9:09 Quote
I have a revelation u-turn fork on mine. So you can adjust it between 130 and 150. I quite like it at 150, it feels pretty similar but you get a bit more travel. I would recommend that, I haven't tried 160.

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 7:18 Quote
Hi guys, Could someone give me an idea of frame size for someone around 5,10" please

looking at the new Trance X4

Thanks

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 22:12 Quote
I would probably say a Large, as I am 6,2 and rode an XL, but don't buy a bike just on this advice. Mine was a 2009 too.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 8:21 Quote
Im 5'11" and ride a medium 2011, you need to sit on one before you buy it and decide for yourself.

Posted: Jul 25, 2012 at 20:12 Quote
if u plan on only riding easy xc trails get the trance otherwise spend the extra coin and get a reign. my brother has a trance and i have the riegn and he hates his trance,

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 at 3:40 Quote
I have been to my local Giant dealer and sat on a few 2012 Trances, I would say I like the medium as it has a better stand over hight. Last time is was in wales I found I could have done with a better stand over on my large fame hardtail (watery eye moment).

I will have a go on a friends 2011 trance limted saturday and also a friends Kona dawg that has aslo come up for sale.

One thing i did notice on the dealers demo Trance was how long the stem felt. what are others view in this?

str8pinned - Im not looking for a big travel all mountain bike. I have a operator DH for the big stuff. I will be riding the Trance down the side of the local river etc for fitness and with 2/3 trips to wales. so its main use will be single track.

Posted: Aug 3, 2012 at 20:57 Quote
the trance will work perfect for u then!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039336
Mobile Version of Website