Classic Rock Appreciation Thread

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Classic Rock Appreciation Thread
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 22:10 Quote
You FOUND a guitar!?!?!? What kind of condition is it in? Pics?

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 6:01 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
They didn't play Jamies Crying OR You're No Good. They DID play Mean Street though haha.

After seeing Van Halen play, I really want to get a guitar with a floyd rose tremolo!
I don't recall them playing Mean Street either, ha ha.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I was pretty sure they played it at some point in the night. Or maybe that was on the C.D I was listening to on the way there lol

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 20:36 Quote
lettusdude wrote:

Yes, I live in this place called Oakville, and there are lots of people who are rich as f*ck, and throw all kinds of cool stuff out. Scroungers like me can get lucky.
It's a Charvel, and it's pretty solid, it's hardly been played really. It's in good shape, but a few dings. I'd love to get rid of it, feel free to PM me.

Sultans of Swing is one of my favourite songs ever. Feels so good.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 22:15 Quote
Harparo wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

Yes, I live in this place called Oakville, and there are lots of people who are rich as f*ck, and throw all kinds of cool stuff out. Scroungers like me can get lucky.
It's a Charvel, and it's pretty solid, it's hardly been played really. It's in good shape, but a few dings. I'd love to get rid of it, feel free to PM me.

Sultans of Swing is one of my favourite songs ever. Feels so good.

Nice that's always sick bumming cool things! And same man such a good tune

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 22:19 Quote
RIP Gary... & long live the King!

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 21:18 Quote
I just came across this collaboration the other day and it's been stuck in my head since:

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 21:25 Quote
yeah that collab is so classic. great stuff.

One of my fav petty tracks...this whole album is gold though

another classic... robert plant has some pretty awesome collabs with the bluegrass star Alison Kraus too, if you're into that kinda stuff Wink

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 21:42 Quote
Yeah, I was really impressed with Petty's newest album. Most artists from that era usually have a tough time producing good new music, but Tom Petty and his band did an excellent job with Mojo.

I've always liked the variety of music that Zeppelin put out. They had their strong blues songs, heavy early pre-metal stuff and soft chilled out music. Tangerine has always been one of my favorites. Here's some more Zeppelin on that "soft" note:

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 21:50 Quote
Solid post man. Those are some of my fav zeppelin tracks no doubt. You've got good taste amigo

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 at 21:58 Quote
domdamonster wrote:
Solid post man. Those are some of my fav zeppelin tracks no doubt. You've got good taste amigo
Thanks man. You as well, rap and all. Variety is key to really appreciating music in my opinion. Salute

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 7:05 Quote
Some classic punk, just because I can:

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032868
Mobile Version of Website