Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Horseshoe Resort DH Updates, Hours, Events etc
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
awya14 wrote:
sucks ..but i understand..,,,,,
just send a email and ask them why? ..
or ..

Our season was advertised to end Oct 31. We had a Halloween Event planned with prizing, BBQ - just a big thank you to all the riders. Hang out, share crash stories, fill out surveys and build some momentum for next season.

Now all that is not happening. It's one thing if the season ending was planned, but this was just decided today to end it early.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 9:10 Quote
It the same as blue(back in the day) itll be a struggle to keep it running..operating costs ...wages..bla,bla,bla..old people dont get how
much fun it is ..or how the "gen x" generation is taking over.. every ski hill in ontario should offer chairlifts in the summer..but it wont happen

FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
This sucks!! oh well still a great 1st season. GREAT work to the trail crew!!! trails where sweet and well maintained.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 10:09 Quote
is horseshoe closed now?

FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 10:10 Quote
stefanb wrote:
UNEXPECTED NEWS

THIS WILL BE THE LAST WEEKEND FOR LIFT ACCESS @ THE BIKE PARK

PLEASE EMAIL INFO@HORSESHOERESORT.COM AND EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 10:11 Quote
dstinky wrote:
stefanb wrote:
UNEXPECTED NEWS

THIS WILL BE THE LAST WEEKEND FOR LIFT ACCESS @ THE BIKE PARK

PLEASE EMAIL INFO@HORSESHOERESORT.COM AND EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS

thanks

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 10:17 Quote
Too bad, next fri (if they were gonna be open) was gonna be the only chance I had left to get out on the FR bike this year. Guess I start tearing down for the winter rebuild early.

Thanks to the trail crew and everyone up at Horseshoe for a great first season. I can't wait to come back next year.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 12:30 Quote
dstinky wrote:
This sucks!! oh well still a great 1st season. GREAT work to the trail crew!!! trails where sweet and well maintained.
+1

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 12:36 Quote
Is it open this weekend?

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 12:43 Quote
ritchierich wrote:
Is it open this weekend?

Yeah Sunday is our last day for 2010

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 12:43 Quote
stefanb wrote:
ritchierich wrote:
Is it open this weekend?

Yeah Sunday is our last day for 2010
Awesome should be there.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
open fri 4-6pm sat 10 - 6 sun 10-6 ?..or just sunday?

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
A response I got to my e-mail:

There comes a time in the season where we have to switch from our summer operation to our winter operation. Areas we look at include both the economic factor and the timing required to make the conversion so we are ready to ski/board when the snow arrives. Unfortunately Rob, that time is now. We will be closing the bike trails on October 25th at which time we will be winterizing the trails preparing them for the winter.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
awya14 wrote:
open fri 4-6pm sat 10 - 6 sun 10-6 ?..or just sunday?

All of those

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 at 13:09 Quote
Rob-M wrote:
A response I got to my e-mail:

There comes a time in the season where we have to switch from our summer operation to our winter operation. Areas we look at include both the economic factor and the timing required to make the conversion so we are ready to ski/board when the snow arrives. Unfortunately Rob, that time is now. We will be closing the bike trails on October 25th at which time we will be winterizing the trails preparing them for the winter.

The key being why was it advertised until the 31st, with an event planned then shut down earlier without much notice.

Oh well, it's already done. Let's go out and ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036451
Mobile Version of Website