Powered by Outside

Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Road Bike Info & Discussion -*ASK ROAD QUESTIONS HERE*-
Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 16:24 Quote
Hey all. Looks like a great thread to just shoot the shit about roadies. So hey I recently crashed bad with my old miyata lt1000 and the frames pretty bent up. I'm thinking of stripping the parts and selling them. Do you guys think I'll get more $$ if I sell as a groupo or individually? It's the older Shimano Deore LX series 3x7 with Shimano Sora 3x7 shifters/brakes. How much do you think it's worth?

Cheers (Wheres the damn beer icon?)

S

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 16:27 Quote
Individually, my friend who sells on ebay all of the time told me to sell my bike parts separately as I would make more money from them.

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 16:30 Quote
id split. with it being a mix of road and mtb group it would limit target market
...but tbh, i wouldnt expect much either way

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 17:18 Quote
Hey cool thanks guys. I was thinking of splitting too. I was looking to get at least a couple of hundred for them all together. Maybe because most of the parts are original off a classic tourer I was thinking of asking for a bit more than expected. I mean there's less than 100kms on all the parts since 1992!!! My neighbor gave me the bike. It was sitting in his storage for over 10 years collecting dust. I cleaned it up nice then took off the parts I didn't like and put what I did and voila it was going to be my daily commuter. 1 day into my first ride with it I ran into a big black lab at 34km/hr. Poor pooch!

S

Posted: Jul 8, 2011 at 20:34 Quote
hey guys, im keen on getting a road commuter bike for running about on (ie. school, work, into town etc)

at the moment i have,

a beautiful wheeler cromo frame, anodized orange
and all the basic parts to make it a bike haha, nothing to flash about them

im thinking i will get
new bar tape (white)
shimano R500 clincher wheels
Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Tyres in white
clear plastic pedals
single speed kit
strip all the non important stuff off it (a few lights, bum bag, gear stuff, front brake, etc)

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 at 19:23 Quote
Just Hopped on the Fixie Train.. ordered a Norco Heart

Normally i test ride all bikes before i purchase but i pulled a total noob move and ordered the bike anyways...

can't wait for it to arrive next week.. picked up a small since i would rather error on the side with more top bar clearance

Did I do Bad?

Oh i'm 5'6 with a longer wingspan

Hope i posted in the right thread this time.. wasn't sure where to share the Stoke

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 at 6:36 Quote
Thanks for the links Friend

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 at 6:41 Quote
no prob

and it depends what frame size the small is, your the same hight as me so i think 52cm to 56cm would fit, for me 53cm or 54cm fit best

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 2:00 Quote
It says on the norco site that its 52cm but i think the geometry is pretty laid back... most of my road experience has been riding a 51cm nishiki international a few years back until i sold it to a friend

would it be foolish to trade the front 700c wheel for a 650c to allow for a more aggressive riding posture,.. Oh and better clearance for bar spins too?.. sorry if it sounds like a stupid question

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 4:18 Quote
cvcdx wrote:
It says on the norco site that its 52cm but i think the geometry is pretty laid back... most of my road experience has been riding a 51cm nishiki international a few years back until i sold it to a friend

would it be foolish to trade the front 700c wheel for a 650c to allow for a more aggressive riding posture,.. Oh and better clearance for bar spins too?.. sorry if it sounds like a stupid question

If you're converting to a SS or fixie then you can put a 20" up front if you really want to but there's some things to consider. Front brake won't reach. A frame designed for a 700 will likely have the BB too low for 650 wheels. You'll need a really short crank arm. Then the front angle is also something to consider. Eve if its slightly lower it could make your front end really twitchy.

S

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 5:09 Quote
it should fit you fine then

Don't bother with a 650c, and if your new to fixed you need a front brake!

if you want to be aggressive get some bullhorns with some drop and put your saddle slightly forward, don't have your stem to long either, here's an example...

http://www.myfixedgear.net/wp-content/photos/Felt/reg/1.jpg

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 7:08 Quote
Why would a shorter stem be better? Surely it depends on how the frame fits?

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 9:16 Quote
well i mean i see people put bullhorns on there bike but it still has the stock stem thats really long and they end up riding along like superman, can't be comfy

Edit: okay, i guess thats a personal preference thing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033403
Mobile Version of Website