New Kona- Should i change anything on it?

PB Forum :: Downhill
New Kona- Should i change anything on it?
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 23:49 Quote
i would chage the saddle, cos this is very heavy and uncomfortable. and the tyres. the ones that come with the bike are too thin!
cheers!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 5:30 Quote
-deity- wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
allday wrote:
off deity

there's no white deity products on sale off their site...the cheapest place seems to be http://www.thefixbikes.com/bikes/

Thanks for the post...
The white 25.4 Bars and Stems are currently on sale.
http://www.deitycomponentsstore.com/clearance.html

thanks for the link...was only looking at os

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 8:46 Quote
about the only thing i could say would be tires, im not sure whats on there but a good set of tires makes a huge difference.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:02 Quote
any suggestions for tires or does it not really matter as long as they're bigger

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:16 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
any suggestions for tires or does it not really matter as long as they're bigger
You're bike is perfectly fine now go and ride it and replace stuff when it breaks.

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:18 Quote
wtp51 wrote:

Hey everyone, i am very new to downhilling and just got this Kona Stab. I was just curious if there are any modifications i should make to this bike being that it is brand new. I am open to any suggestions, Thanks

Add dirt, mix, enjoy. Repeat.

nate

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:22 Quote
AALLLRRIGGHHTT... I think that before doing anything on your bike start to ride it. Start to know him like if it was yourself and then you'll start to know whats wrong on your bike for how you use it. don'T think to change anything on it right now.

FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:39 Quote
riderideride wrote:
AALLLRRIGGHHTT... I think that before doing anything on your bike start to ride it. Start to know him like if it was yourself and then you'll start to know whats wrong on your bike for how you use it. don'T think to change anything on it right now.

Sad that it took 7 f'ing pages for all the rejects on this forum to come to this realization.... god damnit people.

nate

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 10:48 Quote
Jeeez some people are so stupid Madder saying to put X.O on it and codes on it!!! you have got great breaks you just have to give them time to break in plus if you put an X.O. on it and as you are learning to ride you'll probably fall a lot so you'd probably break it after what 5 good crashes and ruin the scratch the codes and then you would be why the f*** did I waste 700$ on 3 parts witch are now ruined...

Leave it as it is no worries prob the next thing you'll have to change is the break pads Big Grin

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:10 Quote
alexrua wrote:
Jeeez some people are so stupid Madder saying to put X.O on it and codes on it!!! you have got great breaks you just have to give them time to break in plus if you put an X.O. on it and as you are learning to ride you'll probably fall a lot so you'd probably break it after what 5 good crashes and ruin the scratch the codes and then you would be why the f*** did I waste 700$ on 3 parts witch are now ruined...

Leave it as it is no worries prob the next thing you'll have to change is the break pads Big Grin

agreed!!
dont listen to all these PB people telling you to get all this high end stuff. Your parts are good since ur only a beginner, give ur self time to progress in DH, and once u get good and know what you want you want buy whatever you want. And if you are going to buy upgrades do the research yourself, because most likely PB people will just tell you the high end expensive stuff, that unless your rich or something is gonna be a hole in your pocket.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:59 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
alexrua wrote:

agreed!!
dont listen to all these PB people telling you to get all this high end stuff. Your parts are good since ur only a beginner, give ur self time to progress in DH, and once u get good and know what you want you want buy whatever you want. And if you are going to buy upgrades do the research yourself, because most likely PB people will just tell you the high end expensive stuff, that unless your rich or something is gonna be a hole in your pocket.

alright, thanks everyone and ill take your advice to wait until something breaks. no use in wasting money on parts that already work. i'll have pictures up soon of riding as soon as i get over a bad cold that i have now.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
-nate- wrote:
riderideride wrote:

Sad that it took 7 f'ing pages for all the rejects on this forum to come to this realization.... god damnit people.

nate

or the very first post...just in different words

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
alright, and does anyone know whats wrong or how i could possibly fix my front brakes from squeeking so loud, they barely have any stopping power

their shit shimano saints!, you need some hayes or avids to get rid of thatBeer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017567
Mobile Version of Website