Powered by Outside

NWD8 wrong message

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
NWD8 wrong message
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
Right when boykos section starts.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
the introduction to boykos part he gets beat in smackdown fight, rip off his mask, then the next scene he is sitting there on his bike, a mountain blows up behind him, then he looks at the camera and then it says boyko, then the next shot he 360s a huge drop

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
-mack- wrote:
Guys, relax a little alright?

If you dont like the damn movie then dont watch it.

Guys bust their ass riding, filming, and then putting in countless hours throwing it all together. Even if it doesnt impress you beyond measure, the least you can do is appreciate it a little.

Besides, its not like half (probably more) of the people in the thread didnt just download it anyway. That really gets me, when people bitch and complain about something they steal half of the time anyway.

At least there are people out there busting their asses to bring amazing riding to you, but hey you're sitting on the internet, so you know it all.

Right?

BOOM!! exactly... this is what I feel also. I'm one of the people who pre-order the NWD movies. My wife and I watched NWD 8 at the premier and were stoked! I couldn't wait for my copy to show up. and what's with all this "cinematography" bull. These aren't oscar quality movies, just fun vids full of the past seasons greatest moments. Who cares if Roam or The Collective had better cameras, just watch them and get stoked, and if it does nothing for you then don't watch it anymore... like Mack said most of you likely didn't even buy it so what's the problem. Get on your bike and show us how it should be done!

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
Here's my 2 cents

If the theme bothers you, then you really need to lighten up and take a chill pill. The guys making the movie are just having some fun and trying something different. If you don't want to watch it, your remote has a skip button on it.

As for the rock demolition in Boyko's scene, that footage was taken near Squamish as part of the Sea to Sky highway expansion work.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
I loved Barel's section, amazing!
Another thing that bothered me was Chopper kicking his helmet, he nails and tailwhip drop......and has to boot his helmet away?
Whatever, i agree that the riding was sweet, but films like virtuous (trailer is out) is much more my cup of tea, it really shows the riders, and doesnt make them look like crazy freaks who dont care about anything and and huck themselves off anything
(went a bit far there...lol)

grant kicked his helmet after he ate faceplanted and ate dirt...not after he failed the tailwhip which is on another drop

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
actually he did it twice

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
as for my opinion on the movie, i went to a local premire and was stoked, bought a copy as soon as i found out they where at the local shop. yah maby they have had better themes (disorder 5 and 6 are my favorite themes)yah maby the music has been better but if it always stayed the same people would get bored of that to, companies need to try new things and no matter how hard they try they will NEVER EVER please everybody. all in all it was a good movie and it definitly got me stoked to ride.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
^^I agree, theres alot of people who seem to dislike the film but i thought it was great

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 3:47 Quote
raceface77 wrote:
-mack- wrote:
Guys, relax a little alright?

If you dont like the damn movie then dont watch it.

Guys bust their ass riding, filming, and then putting in countless hours throwing it all together. Even if it doesnt impress you beyond measure, the least you can do is appreciate it a little.

Besides, its not like half (probably more) of the people in the thread didnt just download it anyway. That really gets me, when people bitch and complain about something they steal half of the time anyway.

At least there are people out there busting their asses to bring amazing riding to you, but hey you're sitting on the internet, so you know it all.

Right?

BOOM!! exactly... this is what I feel also. I'm one of the people who pre-order the NWD movies. My wife and I watched NWD 8 at the premier and were stoked! I couldn't wait for my copy to show up. and what's with all this "cinematography" bull. These aren't oscar quality movies, just fun vids full of the past seasons greatest moments. Who cares if Roam or The Collective had better cameras, just watch them and get stoked, and if it does nothing for you then don't watch it anymore... like Mack said most of you likely didn't even buy it so what's the problem. Get on your bike and show us how it should be done!

Thank you, Im glad to see somebody is willing to put their hard earned money where it belongs and appreciates what real riders are out doing. Kudos to you for shelling out to support this great industry and Im glad to hear the wife can sit down and enjoy it beside you.

Im sorry but kids on internet forums are not progressing this sport further, they are a sorry burden if anything. It is the people out there working hard to put these in your lap or on limewire for you to steal that deserve to be called mountainbikers.

Mouthy kids on the internet ripping up people's hard work do not.

If you didnt PAY money to own or see this movie, you have no business criticizing it.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 4:37 Quote
Everyone has their veiws and all. The video was good, good clarity in the camera and all, and I felt better in quality than rome. My only compliant of the vid was the intro was so damn long. Other than that, I watch it daily..

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
Did anyone ever stop and think of how much fun it would have been for them to do all the "smackdown" theme stuff they did? dressing up like old school mexican wrestlers and tough guys. i bet they all had a blast beyond belief. it added an element other than the usual,and i didnt mind it. The riders ride for the cameras, if they like it, its ok with me if its in there a bit.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
ya NWD was the best biking movie ive ever seen. and to be honest is sorta gay how people are bitching about the smackdown theme it doesnt matter. if they put another theme you would have seen the same biking.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037580
Mobile Version of Website