Powered by Outside

The 650B movement.

Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 15:55 Quote
tylerthegiant wrote:
So cal all your bikes are sexy! What do you do for work? So I can join what ever you do and make some money !
Haha. I'm a contractor, I went to school & it payed off...What a concept!

Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 15:57 Quote
Lol! Even your 250r is awesome. I want to get into plumbing. Just need to go take some math classes.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2013 at 17:46 Quote
my 650Blur conversion is underway.. picked up a relatively inexpensive rear wheel, Nukeproof Generator, and popped on a 2.2 WTB Wolverine.. fits the Blur rear triangle with room for mud.. (okay, only a bit o' mud, but, whatever) .. seriously, the clearance is good, remembering that this is a conversion... thanks to smokan (??) or something close for the tip on the Wolverine.. I have been running WTB Weirwolves on another bike, great tires.. anyways.. I also picked up a 650b specific fork off the PB buy and sell and the plan is to run a 2.3 or so up front.. am dropping the travel from a 150 mm Float off my 26 to a 140 mm Talas to keep the axle to crown measurement close.. the actual difference in OD tire dimension from a 2.2 Conti. Mtn King on my 26 er. to the Wolverine is 1 and 1 / 4 inch.. so the plan is to drop
5 / 8 " of spacer, 10 mm or so, off the stem, so the ground to stem measurement will be identical.. then, if I can find the coin, the plan is to buy a new crank adding a minimum of 5 mm to the crank arm, so I can drop the seat height 5 mm as well to replicate the ground to seat measurement off my 26 er.. I expect to be within 1/4 " after doing this.. BBH is going to rise, no question, but the plus side to this is better ground clearance (never a bad thing if you have the SC VPP grease nipples just looking for rocks), and fewer pedal strikes.. anyways, if it doesn't work out, or I don't like the ride, watch for cheap parts in the buy and sell.. or if it does, watch for cheaper yet 26 " parts ..
Giant.. all in on 27.5.. Specialized ? nope, 26 and 29.. clash of the titans, let the market decide..

FL
Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
Sorry to high jack this thread but I'm looking at aftermarkets 650b wheels struggling to find any weight comparisons. Can anyone tell me what a light and heavy weight 650b wheels come in at

Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 9:41 Quote
Nextie Carbon Rims. Hope Hubs.

FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 1:26 Quote
Them rims look sick that's a good set of wheels but to be honest I was most looking for and alloy rim so and ideas there, oh and although I didn't say before it's for enduro riding

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 18:31 Quote
tylerthegiant wrote:
So cal all your bikes are sexy! What do you do for work? So I can join what ever you do and make some money !

I own a bike and ski shop, so I get to ride new shit all the time, unlike Cal I am to busy riding and working to post photos of all my sexy bikes.

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 23:19 Quote
Any 650b bikes out there with 160mm front fork other than the tracer 275?

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 23:29 Quote
JohnsonB wrote:
Banshee rune/spitfire, transition covert, yeti, trek slash, kona process, giant..

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 23:35 Quote
Dirk77 wrote:
JohnsonB wrote:
Banshee rune/spitfire, transition covert, yeti, trek slash, kona process, giant..

Damn you made it look like I didn't even try searching lol

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 5:41 Quote
JohnsonB wrote:
Dirk77 wrote:
JohnsonB wrote:

I have a Rune and its a great bike, just heavy. Up next for me is most likely the Norco Range carbon or possibly the Knolly Warden, both due to be released in Feb. Both use 160.

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 5:49 Quote
JohnsonB wrote:
besides the ones already stated: Norco Range, Pivot firebird 27.5

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 12:03 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
JohnsonB wrote:
Dirk77 wrote:

I have a Rune and its a great bike, just heavy. Up next for me is most likely the Norco Range carbon or possibly the Knolly Warden, both due to be released in Feb. Both use 160.

Range carbon is exactly what I'm looking for. Spec wise. I didn't look at the geometry just yet. No dealers in Hawaii though

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
Just an FYI the X-Fusion Vengeance can be modified to run 170mm front travel.

Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
The Range carbon is a sweet riding bike. Stiff and slack so fun!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.871457
Mobile Version of Website