Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

140-160mm travel all mountain bike-Transition Covert Vs Trek Remedy Vs Yeti 575- which is the best all mountain bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
140-160mm travel all mountain bike-Transition Covert Vs Trek Remedy Vs Yeti 575- which is the best all mountain bike?
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
demo days are finished now until the 2013 range is released.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
I have a 2010 remedy and I love it... Switched from an enduro and I prefer the handling etc.
Right travel length for everything I do (mostly XC/all mtn/some park riding)

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 14:42 Quote
digital-criminal wrote:
I have a 2010 remedy and I love it... Switched from an enduro and I prefer the handling etc.

im custom building a 2013 remedy 8 and considering fox 36s and a coil on the rear.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 15:11 Quote
CaptainLip wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:

im custom building a 2013 remedy 8 and considering fox 36s and a coil on the rear.

Then why don't you just buy a slash?

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
because im upgrading every component and the remedy is the better frame for my needs.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 15:21 Quote
buy a transition covert. DONE DEAL!
shak wrote:
CaptainLip wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:

Then why don't you just buy a slash?

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 at 22:15 Quote
None of the above. The best all mountain bike available is the Specialized Enduro.

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 9:47 Quote
"none of the above, the best bike is"

Do you self a favor mate, get to your LBS and sit your ass on a few bikes....

Just because I have a yeti sb-66 and think it's by far the best AM bike out there right now it dosnt mean that you are going to feel the same...

Just because it's right for me it don't mean it's right for you......

Thing is there are to many peoe that will tell you that bike "X" is the best bike out there for the job you want to do and guess what, the bike they told you is the best will be the one they have locked up in there garage.....

BUM ON SEAT AND TRY SOME OUT... that's the way to find the right bike for you

Or, just get a SB-66 by far the best bike out there................................. JOKE!!!! lol

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 9:53 Quote
stucon wrote:

Just because I have a yeti sb-66 and think it's by far the best AM bike out there right now it dosnt mean that you are going to feel the same...

Thing is there are to many peoe that will tell you that bike "X" is the best bike out there for the job you want to do and guess what, the bike they told you is the best will be the one they have locked up in there garage.....

Or, just get a SB-66 by far the best bike out there................................. JOKE!!!! lol

+1

Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 10:37 Quote
Dead Horse Beer tup
stucon wrote:

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2012 at 19:26 Quote
What does a person have to do to post an opinion without harsh opposition around here anyway? You make a good point and I agree with you. But after riding a few bikes and comparing specs, bike tests, reviews etc., I just think it's the best option right now. Which is incidentally my opinion and if you don't like it that's fine. I sure wish I could try them all though.

Posted: Aug 15, 2012 at 14:02 Quote
CaptainLip wrote:
digital-criminal wrote:

This will void your frame warranty... Just an FYI. They only allow for a 150mm Fox 32.

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 1:02 Quote
Anyone know if the remedy 7 has a tapered steerer or not, cuz all the higher models do but i'm not sure about the 7. But it has the e2 tapered headtube like the rest of them, so it it possible to have a normal 1 1/8 steerer with a tapered headtube?

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 at 8:46 Quote
alexbikes97 wrote:
Anyone know if the remedy 7 has a tapered steerer or not, cuz all the higher models do but i'm not sure about the 7. But it has the e2 tapered headtube like the rest of them, so it it possible to have a normal 1 1/8 steerer with a tapered headtube?

Anything 2010 or newer has e2 which is tapered. You can get a headset to allow a standard fork to work with it. (non tapered fork in tapered bike)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047148
Mobile Version of Website