Jeep General Discussion

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Jeep General Discussion
Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 19:04 Quote
What are the biggest tires i can run without getting a lift on a 2000 wj ? And any reccemendations?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 19:28 Quote
After a quick search, the max recommended for no rubbing is a 30" tire, no wider than 11"

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 19:38 Quote
29 or 30 is going to be your max for height, and if you are going to go even that much bigger I would recommend getting some wheel spacers while you're at it. you could get something like goodyear duratracs or bfg all terrains. how come no lift? a budget boost for a wj isnt too expensive and an extra 2 inches is plenty helpful with clearing bigger tires

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 19:44 Quote
Yeah a budget boost would be a good way to go. Likely be around $100-$200. Somewhere in there! Could squeeze a little bit bigger tire under there.

Didn't get an answer in another thread I posted in. So, would you guys say this is a 3" lift on 31"s? That's what I'm thinking it is.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
Meh, maybe like 31s on a 2 inch or 31.5s on a 3

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 12:28 Quote
Yeah somewhere around there. That's what my Jeep will hopefully look like. I'm supposed to be starting my new job soon so then I could make it happen. 31"s on a 3" is the plan. Maybe with 0.5"-1" lift shackles in the rear because I'll have a bike rack hanging off the end. Then if I get a new bumper on the front, like 0.5" coil spacers to bring the height up a bit more.

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 16:55 Quote
No lift because I dont have a job at the moment so i was thinking cheapest option. Ive looked into lift kits and such and i just get lost hahahah

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 17:01 Quote
Need tires. hahahah
Subs and deck installed! So next thing is either lift or tires.

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 17:33 Quote
Why not do a budget boost now and save up for some all terrains?

Also what sub/ speaker setup you got? I'm also into that kind of stuff

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 17:47 Quote
I want to eventually get new speakers/sub also. Mine has the stock speakers, they all work, but they are still pretty shitty. One of the rear ones rattles/vibrates, and it's not loose. Have a new deck or whatever in it though, so that's nice!

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 18:13 Quote
It may just be me buy I can't drive lo NH distances without a good stereo you know. That was one of the first things I looked into when instate driving the jeep

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 18:25 Quote
Long distances I'm assuming you meant? Haha. But no it's not just you! I love listening to music, whenever I drive I have decently loud music. It's just in my dads truck, but it has a full Bose speaker set up. So it sounds nice. I pretty much listen to music where ever I go, whether it be driving, or walking and just use my Ipod haha. So I'll definitely be wanting to look into it.
How much would a decent set of speakers run me? Set of 4 I guess. I just have no clue about that sort of stuff.

FL
Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 19:03 Quote
@bryan, looks close to 3.5-4" on 31's

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 19:05 Quote
sidermang wrote:
@bryan, looks close to 3.5-4" on 31's
Yeah somewhere around there. Would have been helpful to take a look and see if I could spot the brand of lift on there. Would have made it a lot easier haha.

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 19:24 Quote
Speakers will be like 100 and up for a set of 4 if I had to guess. Might as well get them hooked to an amp too so you get some louder clearer sound. And there's no way that's 4 inches on 31s. That's the setup my friend is running and there's a ton more tire- fender gap

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023211
Mobile Version of Website