pinkbike going to the dogs?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
pinkbike going to the dogs?
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
StandUp wrote:
everybody on this website has or has had the potential to be a classic. However instead of being a usefull, contributing member of the forum who welcomes people into the sport and happily answers question and give positive as well as any NEEDED feedback.....we get what we have. Members that talk probably about 3 sizes bigger than they really are and take any advantage to shoot down, pick on, bully, or otherwise 'put down' someone.

So maybe we could all try and be a little more of a positive member.

I like the way you think, I especially like the part about everyone having that potential because its true.

If people would just take a couple minutes before posting this place could be so much greater than it is. Most of the questions I answer in a day, I typically go and do a little research (either to learn or double check) yet it seems like too few people are willing to do that. When someones makes you mad, pause for a minute, click the back button and don't continue with a meaningless argument. If you're wrong or said something you shouldn't have, take a minute and apologize. Its all such simple things that could help everything flow so much better.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
i absolutely hate most of the POD comments. everyone is a sheeple and they just say pretty much what the first person said. if they dont do that they either say its photoshoped or go wow that shits totallt gay.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
StandUp wrote:
everybody on this website has or has had the potential to be a classic. However instead of being a usefull, contributing member of the forum who welcomes people into the sport and happily answers question and give positive as well as any NEEDED feedback.....we get what we have. Members that talk probably about 3 sizes bigger than they really are and take any advantage to shoot down, pick on, bully, or otherwise 'put down' someone.

So maybe we could all try and be a little more of a positive member.

I like the way you think, I especially like the part about everyone having that potential because its true.

If people would just take a couple minutes before posting this place could be so much greater than it is. Most of the questions I answer in a day, I typically go and do a little research (either to learn or double check) yet it seems like too few people are willing to do that. When someones makes you mad, pause for a minute, click the back button and don't continue with a meaningless argument. If you're wrong or said something you shouldn't have, take a minute and apologize. Its all such simple things that could help everything flow so much better.

Exactly, a lot of the thread questions on here can be found out by just using google, or simply the search button. If these people would take the extra few minutes to do some research on what there asking, this site wouldn't have so many useless/already brought up threads. And, theres no need to flip out when someone makes you mad or says something you don't agree with, like kmon, were not 8(well most of us arn't)

Chom,

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
i know everyone is like a big flook of sheep following the leader of the hour

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
and whats up with all the kona/norco bashers? i ride kona, dont have too much brand loyalty, but the bike preformed, and still does above of what i expected her to do.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
I think the pinkbike population is growing too fast and the mods are overflowed of work. They can't check everything like it was before and don't have time to delete unapropriate comments. There is a bunch that are really great persons but they are overflowed of work. There could be more I'm almost sure of this! The problem is that you need to know them before giving them the "keys" of a website like this.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
Basically, I hate to be a pessimist, but life sucks, and there is nothing that can actually be done to truly get rid of some of these folks. You can ban them all you want to here, but when you go out into the real world, you cannot just click a button and they disappear. Just deal with it.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
and whats up with all the kona/norco bashers? i ride kona, dont have too much brand loyalty, but the bike preformed, and still does above of what i expected her to do.

Not really on topic here, don't want to start a big flame fest, but I think it's because there a cheaper brand, and they make lots of variety's of bikes, from beginner cheap bikes to good experienced bikes. A lot of people see these begiinner bikes, and judge the whole company on it. Thats just what I think, I'm sure other people have other opinons.

Anyways, we should keep this on topic...

Chom,

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
ezekiel82 (I don't know how to do that crazy quote thing so I'll just throw out a name)

(and this isn't just to him, either)

there seems to be an overwhelming feeling of 'I know im right, and I know you are an idiot' coming over a lot of this forum, mostly, sad to say the younger people. The thing of it is is that most of these kids, only know about what's trendy, and thats it. Limited knowledge. A valued member of pb is the guy (or ladie) that can contribute to many different aspects of this place as well as backs up what they say with factual information and can keep it positive and keep it real this is a forum, not a playground. And to the people fueling the fire of anger, let it go it's no big.

lets all give it a go and make this what it used to be eh? and if you don't know what this used to be, browse through the old forum.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
just wondering, how is it not on topic, that something that bugs me and everyone seems to say that your kona sucks and so on. i dont want to sound dumb, but its kinda like the "golden rule" im sure you woulden want someone hating your bike for the brand and crap. what ever

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
just wondering, how is it not on topic, that something that bugs me and everyone seems to say that your kona sucks and so on. i dont want to sound dumb, but its kinda like the "golden rule" im sure you woulden want someone hating your bike for the brand and crap. what ever

I guess it is on topic, but there are many threads discussing the same thing, and it always seems to start something. Personally, I don't really care if my ride gets hated on, I like it, and thats all that matters to me.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:

Kona do not suck...It's the perfect bike for someone who wants high quality parts at a killer price and don't mind about all the new technologies in term of rear suspension that can give you the +1second in a race.

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
Two things I dislike about the new forum is the "Post 'This'" thread and the "What bike should I get" thread. Like people are posting crap like "Post you're Kona Stinky's with Totems, 50/50's, and Juicy Sevens". Like I don't mind the post your street bikes and etc but when people get so specific its just stupid. And when almost every thread is a "Which bike should I get?" thread. I myself liked the old forum better because the people seemed nicer and more informitive, but I like the new features of this one. If it was the same people for the old forum to the new- things would be great I think. Just my 2 cents .

Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
thatius3 wrote:
Two things I dislike about the new forum is the "Post 'This'" thread and the "What bike should I get" thread.

I have no problem to help someone who has already make a decision and wants the advice of others peoples to confirm it's choice or that can't set it's mind between two models or two differents parts as far as he's concerned about the product. That meaning he know the con and pro of a product but wants advice about reliability. I agree that it's annoying to see threads like what bike should I get I'm starting DH. Visit a few shops, talk and get differents advices as the guys there will be far more qualified than the people on PB...Then if you can't set up between two models, we can helps you on a forum...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.068950
Mobile Version of Website