Powered by Outside

2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 19:46 Quote
I haven't ridden one of the newer design 29 versions yet, but man is this 27.5 SO MUCH FUN!
Perfect do it all bike for those who want to ride everything out there but with heavy emphasis on getting whippy and poppy on the descents and features.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 20:36 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
I haven't ridden one of the newer design 29 versions yet, but man is this 27.5 SO MUCH FUN!
Perfect do it all bike for those who want to ride everything out there but with heavy emphasis on getting whippy and poppy on the descents and features.
Everyone I've talked to about the 29er has similar things to say. More nimble than the previous 27.5 stumpy.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 0:25 Quote
What's everyones suspension setup like? I'm 140-145 lbs on my 650b expert, settings as follows

Pike
50psi
1 bottomless token(thinking about going to 2)
rebound 9 clicks from full slow
5 clicks on the lsc

shock
150psi
6 clicks from full slow

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 13:30 Quote
I am the same weight on the same bike, and I honestly have no idea. Just let the shop set it up for me and I love it. But I'll check it later.

That being said, is love some insight as to how to translate a certain feel into my suspension settings. Any advice appreciated.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 19:15 Quote
I think my pressures were around 95 in the Revelation, and 165ish in the rear shock. I pumped the shock just a hair more beyond what Autosag had me at.

Haven't counted clicks on my rebound yet. Just played with it during the initial few rides and on the fly to get it mellow.

Typically have CTD in Trail or Descend. Rarely had the need so far to have it in Climb for any significant amount of time.

I don't have Boost valve on my Comp Carbon, but since I don't know what it would ride like with it, I cannot say I miss it.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 19:20 Quote
Tried to order a SRL for my Command Post... but apparently SBC is out of them until October!? Dafuq?

I ordered a KS Southpaw instead just in hopes that the cable pull amount is the same as the Command Post.

I don't use those Specialized lock on grips, so integration there isn't important to me, and now this stock lever is too far to easily reach and became a bit awkward.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 19:52 Quote
Does the 2016 not come stock with the srl?

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 19:54 Quote
This is what is listed under specs for the expert.

Command Post IRcc, cruiser control technology, micro-adjust height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm travel, M/L/XL: 125mm

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 20:17 Quote
jfkusa wrote:
This is what is listed under specs for the expert.

Command Post IRcc, cruiser control technology, micro-adjust height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm travel, M/L/XL: 125mm
He has a comp.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 21:40 Quote
Yeah mine only came with the top mount lever that is integrated into the grip clamp...

A friend just got a Fuse and his has an even different design lever.
...not sure why SBC has so many type levers supplied for Command Post.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 21:14 Quote
Anyone with a 2016 try to mount up a Muckynutz Face XL, or any other fender for the rear?

I've got a Face XL on the way, but not sure how it'll fit?
Really hoping it will reach low enough to cover the lower chainstay yoke to stop mud from caking up there. I got a bunch of clay mud all lodged in there on a ride last week and it was a bastard to clean out completely.

Also, since there is no more seatstay yoke or bridge I'm hoping it will stay in place and not rub after hitting a few bumps.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
S Workin' dat Buick.

Anyone else see how the new Camber shares the front triangle with these Stumpy FSR's? Interesting how they are trying to make stuff modular...

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
Anybody with a carbon xl frame if you would slam the post to minimum insertion and see the minimum seat height. My lbs didn't have any.

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
S Workin' dat Buick.

Anyone else see how the new Camber shares the front triangle with these Stumpy FSR's? Interesting how they are trying to make stuff modular...

Haha pretty much. The bike isn't mine, our Specialized rep hooked me up with a personal demo bike for a little while. Gave it to me brand new...
Honestly these new stumpys are pretty much the only bike you need. I have a 15 Endure Expert 650 and it just barely has the edge on trails with more braking bumps and chop. I like the stumpy more in the air as others have mentioned

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028548
Mobile Version of Website