Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 17:31 Quote
[Quote="cracked-skull"]
smoke wrote:
I happen to know quite a few people who love to ride the trails but prefer not to do the stunts, they're quite happy so sit on the ride arounds and watch more experienced riders hit the stunts and, funny enough, I never once thought of them as sissys.

Well my wife and her female MTB posse ride round most of the stuff, not all, but most. Guess they're big lame girly sissies. But who builds trail for gurrlz eh ?

Without the ride arounds, they'd not be riding Gillard, or Powers. So they ride both and have a great time. Isn't that what MTB is all about ? Enjoying the ride/scene, regardless. Or am I just being old skool naieve. Guess I must be, as everything's for Billy Bigballs and his badass posse, right ?

Anyways I think Smoke is just winding peoples cranks up here without any malicious intent. I ride round some stuff and I don't give two flying f***s what anyone thinks. Come talk to me on the trails, then bring it on with any stupid comments. Frickin keyboard warriors Madder

G_X

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 17:37 Quote
jayburn wrote:
What trail/jump are we talking about here, maybe it should be fixed

Stumps left on the landing after an angled wood drop and a heap of rocks making up a sketchtastic landing, some way back before that, coming off a large rock. Both on Ghost Rider trail, Gillard.

And nobody get personal with this stuff, if things need attention or fixing, it's for everyones benefit that it gets fixed.
Nobody likes seeing a riding buddy get hurt. Regardless if they went too big or something plain random or stupid happened or whatever else reason we MTB'ers get ourselves messed up.

G_X

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 17:38 Quote
If any one needs anything im parting out my bike and have a bunch of parts ill let go for pretty cheap.
Check my albums out and see what I've got. PM if you want pictures or anything.
Everything but Fork left now.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 17:54 Quote
Internet and context often don't mesh...

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
smoke wrote:
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I spent at least half an hour building sissy paths around the new stuff on Builders.....

shit man, thanks, me knowing that some arrogant builder thinks so highly of himself that he refers to beginners as "sissies",that makes me feel fan-f@#$ing-tastic, first of all, i didn't ride around anything, careless building caused my injuries. And i look forward to what dave has to say about that remark, considering powers is one of the most beginner friendly places in kelowna.

think before you speak man, not everyone is an expert

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 17:59 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:

Stumps left on the landing after an angled wood drop and a heap of rocks making up a sketchtastic landing, some way back before that, coming off a large rock. Both on Ghost Rider trail, Gillard.

G_X
that would be ken's trail. same builder who made snakes back. most of the other trails (the best trails) were built by ryan mckinnon
and rubherdown is now by far the best trail. all flow top to bottom. that top section now is so rad

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 18:04 Quote
mckenna not mckinnon or whatever the f#%$

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 18:16 Quote
Now don't get your panties in a bunch ladies. I don't think smoke meant anything bye that comment, man can a shit storm brew fast on these forums, can't we all play nice. Oh yea and ken's trails do suck pretty bad, sorry man the truth can hurt.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 18:25 Quote
justin,i want you to know i blame this entirely on you, my blood is on your hands man

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 18:50 Quote
wow you guys just totally shat all over a guy that took his spare time to improve the trails by building ride arounds. I don't think that anybody on here is so fragile that there that easily offended by a smart ass remark.

And as far as kens trails go I'm not touching them. Thats purely bad luck hurting yourself on those trails. Sorry Bomber.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 19:14 Quote
Those are the postings of a guy on a serious painkiller binge.....

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
Pardon my say so....

I should have called them "alternative lifestyle lines for persons of indeterminate skill who have less desire to push limits than they have to enjoy the ambience of nature and the outdoors in a less competitive setting."

Or in other words, "Real men ride whatever the f*ck they want."

Political correctness is so gay.....

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 19:32 Quote
andrew-mcintosh wrote:
Those are the postings of a guy on a serious painkiller binge.....

I need painkillers.
My head is hurting now Rolleyes

G_X

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 23:52 Quote
New stuff looks fun !!

Thanks Guys.

To whom do we owe our gratitude?

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 9:00 Quote
What's the new stunt you built on Builders called?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028630
Mobile Version of Website