Powered by Outside

I have a 26" dirt-jumper. Should I buy a bmx.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
I have a 26" dirt-jumper. Should I buy a bmx.
O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
if you consider yourself a trickster/punk get a bmx.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.fitbikeco.com/uploaded_images/IMG_0636-745880.JPG[/Quote]

I want that jump sooooooo badly

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
i think that was at the x-games street course.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
clayjumper wrote:

Confused

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
jamiejamiejam wrote:
clayjumper wrote:

Confused

errr...okay then.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
I consider the ignorance from both sides of this arguement very disappointing.

Oh wait... I ride a 24" street 'MTB' now. A USB with primarily BMX parts...

Which side should I be on again?

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
I like bikes. I suggest people ride them. They're fun. Who cares what size wheels.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 2:38 Quote
warrior1 wrote:
I like bikes. I suggest people ride them. They're fun. Who cares what size wheels.

traitor

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
i did it and now i'm in love with bmx. mtb's just blow ass after riding bmx. they're slower, heavier snd it's just harder to do anything on it

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
truffles wrote:
i did it and now i'm in love with bmx. mtb's just blow ass after riding bmx. they're slower, heavier snd it's just harder to do anything on it

My MTB weighs 25 lbs, and is gonna get lighter.

Hmmm?

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
Yeah but ive seen strong bmxes with no ti parts at 19 pounds.. And Yes you should get a bmx if you've got a 26inch mtb, keep the mtb too though (its more comfortable for the djs!)

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
my 26" sub weighs very little, and I blast about in the woods with it, hit drops, and try new stuff. Try going over roots on a bmx.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 21:50 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
truffles wrote:

Hmmm?
and if you had a bmx, it would be 19 and just as strong, if not stronger. although i'm not saying bmx is better than mtb, i prefer it. i do however agree that for the rougher dj's and stuff my p2 would be better and it is a bit more stable and comfy

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 21:55 Quote
26 > 20

6 inches makes a big difference.

Think about it.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 22:06 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
26 > 20

6 inches makes a big difference.

Think about it.
Neither is better, it just depends what you want in a bike and what you're going to do on it.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
truffles wrote:
Aaron-J wrote:
truffles wrote:

Hmmm?
and if you had a bmx, it would be 19 and just as strong, if not stronger. although i'm not saying bmx is better than mtb, i prefer it. i do however agree that for the rougher dj's and stuff my p2 would be better and it is a bit more stable and comfy

Funny, I'd swear I've had numerous BMXs over the last 3 years, all well into the 25lb range or less.

I wouldn't consider any of them stronger then what I'm on right now, with the possible exception of the full Sunday/Odyssey build.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025078
Mobile Version of Website