Powered by Outside

Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seat Post

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seat Post
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
That is not good to hear the valve is not there.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
derechtefux wrote:
=
Ascend II that broke together with my frame. not sure if it broke because my frame died first, or if my seat tube cracked because the lower part of the seatpost ripped off. it was inserted more than min length for sure. anyways wanted to show it just for shits and giggles.
the dropper served me well for something over 2 years without any problems, rip!

Dang! What was the incident that caused it? Lets see the frame!

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
fat ass strikes again

BigMulaCeazy wrote:
Dang! What was the incident that caused it? Lets see the frame!

I was going for a short ride and while going for the first easy asphalt climb I suddenly fell back and saw this mess. I recently had a few incidents on a rooty trail where I hit my saddle quite hard and heard something on impact. Not sure how to describe the sound, I'm lacking the vocabulary, but it was a more soft sound and not like a hard crack if that makes sense. so either the thread of the seatpost or the seat tube started to rip off.

I have the feeling the seatpost broke first, because the ripped off seat tube is quite short. when I hold it to the mark for min. insertion length it broke right off where the lower part of the dropper broke off. however the frame is pretty old, so maybe it was just time...
the funny thing is, two days earlier I ordered a new bike, so maybe it was just a sign for the right decision haha

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
Hi all,

I have a brand x ascend 2 150mm external and it worked fine for about 2 months then today it started going down when I put weight on the seat. It still goes up fine.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Cheers.

FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
snowman1977 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a brand x ascend 2 150mm external and it worked fine for about 2 months then today it started going down when I put weight on the seat. It still goes up fine.

Cheers.

Could just be the cables had it and needs replacing. Read a few times that the supplied cable isn’t good quality so most likely that. Swap the cable out for a good quality Teflon coated one and see if that cures it. If it’s not that then take a look at the actuator.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
snowman1977 wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers.

I've had this problem not to long ago and I just had to bump up the air pressure and then it worked great.

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
UncleChimney wrote:
snowman1977 wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers.

I've had this problem not to long ago and I just had to bump up the air pressure and then it worked great.

I have the Ascend 1 and had this problem once or twice. Just needed to tighten or loosen the cable tension with the barrel roller on the thumb lever. Sorry, can't remember which, as it happened quite awhile ago.
Hopefully simple fix. Cheers.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
cooliom2fs wrote:
UncleChimney wrote:
snowman1977 wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers.

I have the Ascend 1 and had this problem once or twice. Just needed to tighten or loosen the cable tension with the barrel roller on the thumb lever. Sorry, can't remember which, as it happened quite awhile ago.

Yep it was as simple as that thankfully. Cheers for the tip!

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 at 18:29 Quote
snowman1977 wrote:
cooliom2fs wrote:
UncleChimney wrote:

Yep it was as simple as that thankfully. Cheers for the tip!

Nice. Just to follow up, it's not a regular occurrence. Seems to have happened after I've torn my bike apart and moved stuff around. Post has been excellent. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 10:24 Quote
I have that dropper I recently installed it a couple weeks ago and took it out for like 5 rides and it works great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044628
Mobile Version of Website