Tues Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Tues Thread
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 5:29 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Hey Luke,

No pro rider but at 6.0 feet dead / 183 cm , I had a few rides on my Tues 29 in Large and Tues 27.5 in Large on my friend.

For me, the bike is spot on, I wouldn't change much of it, but would be eager to try it a mullet, not that I don't like it as it is, just to try something different. Sadly didn't managed to put my buddy back wheel on my bike but if I have a chance I'll try it, just that after I've consulted the geo charts even more, it will lower the BB below 330 mm and I'm afraid it will get to low and slow.

After trying my friends bike, it felt really small, and I believe you will find the 27'5 XL and the 29er Large the same at your height.

How I see it considering your height, either go XL 29er, or XXL 27.5 and put 29'er lowers on the forks and go Mullet. You can try the 27.5 front & rear, but once you hop over the 29er, it's a night and day difference, the bikes just flows over everything, and you can easily pop it around. Indeed, it just takes a few runs to feel the the length of the bike, but once you accommodate you'll just love it.

If you are fixed on the mullet setup (however, after seeing Trummer and Suarez this weekend in Maribor ripping on the 29ers I wouldn't be that keen on) I would look at the Commencals or Specialized for their dedicated setup as cost wise would be cheaper and the geo is better adjusted.

Thank you for the info! You may have convinced me to go 29’er haha. Interesting that you notice enough of a difference in wheel size to actually upsize the frame with the smaller wheels as the geo’s suggest the correlating sizes are much closer, just naturally slightly larger on the 29er. I’m curious if you have a trail or enduro bike to compare your preferred geo to? I’m thinking I may really like a long reach and high stack and lean towards upsizing (even considering my height)

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
Just re visited the geo charts and realized the 27.5 xxl is basically dead between the 29 long and x-long so I can see where you’re coming from....I still just can’t imagine someone much bigger then me on a bike on a bike slightly smaller than my process.

FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
As you've checked the charts , the 29'er in Large overlaps the 27.5 XL bike. I'm almost half a foot smaller than you and Large seems fine for me. I would definitely go XL on the 29er if I were you.

My previous bike was a YT Capra but first gen , that had a tiny 450 mm reach . Always felt that bike small and find the longer reach a BIG plus from my view. As well, I would never got back to 27.5 , at least not on the front, but as I said before, I really like how the big wheels roll.

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 17:49 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
As you've checked the charts , the 29'er in Large overlaps the 27.5 XL bike. I'm almost half a foot smaller than you and Large seems fine for me. I would definitely go XL on the 29er if I were you.

My previous bike was a YT Capra but first gen , that had a tiny 450 mm reach . Always felt that bike small and find the longer reach a BIG plus from my view. As well, I would never got back to 27.5 , at least not on the front, but as I said before, I really like how the big wheels roll.

Gotcha- yea I was mixing up the 29er geo because they size it “regular, long, extra long” and the extra long matches to the xxl 27.5”- annoying that they don’t stick to one sizing scheme but whatever. So I take it you’re on the long which would match your buddies xl 27.5”...I think I might be converted to the 29er the only thing now is I realize they don’t make a COMP in 29...anyone know if YT wheels ‘n deals the Leftover previous model year frames when the New Year model drops?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
I want to buy a yt tues cf pro race 29 2021 when it will be available. How much chances does the carbon bikes have to break and im speaking about the FRAME not the parts? In an indirect impact and a direct one?

FL
Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
I'm just wondering, from where did you got this information? I've only seen frame to break, and that was after a backflip to flat at rampage last year but besides that, it's bullet proof. As I've posted here, the only risk ar the fork bump stoppers, as some are loose and might damage the frame.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 6:59 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
I'm just wondering, from where did you got this information? I've only seen frame to break, and that was after a backflip to flat at rampage last year but besides that, it's bullet proof. As I've posted here, the only risk ar the fork bump stoppers, as some are loose and might damage the frame.
Ok Nice Thanks a lot.

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
I have recently got a 2019 27.5 Tues pro race which has the X2 air shock fitted.After 3 rides i'm not felling the love for the air shock and i'm looking to go down the coil route. I know because of the shock length choice is limited and here in the UK nobody has any stock till late Dec or Jan 2021. I have found a Rock Shox Vivid R2C which is in stock. Mt question is has any one fitted this and any feed back please ? I weigh in at 230 lbs ( i like going to the gym,it's not all fat...honest !!) so i'm guessing i'll need a 400lb spring , i run a 700lb spring in my DHX2 on my Kenevo but that thing weighs twice as much as my Tues !!

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
Does anyone have experience with the Extra Long Tues 29? I'm currently on a 2019 YT Jeffsy XL 27.5" and am considering a Tues 29er. I am 6'4" 190 lbs. I really like the size of the XL Jeffsy 27.5" and the 27.5" wheels are great for the trail riding I do in Colorado. I have taken the Jeffsy to bike parks (Trestle, Steamboat, Crested Butte, Snowmass, WIndrock) and it has done ok but I'm considering getting a dedicated park bike.

I noticed that the Tues 29er models come in Regular Long and Extra Long but the 27.5" models come in your standard Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and XXL.

After comparing the geometries I've narrowed it down to either the XXL 27.5 or the Extra Long 29er but I don't have any time on DH bikes to compare to anything and I have only demoed a few 29er trail bikes (2017 Niner RIP 29 which I loved, 2018 Rocky Mountain Instinct which I hated). Does anyone have personal experience with the Tues 29er? My bike park riding style is fast, chunky and technical and I don't really ride jumps which makes me thing the 29er might be a better choice. However, I absolutely love my 2019 Jeffsy XL 27.5. The fit is perfect (even though at my height YT has me on an XXL) and I am very used to the bike. It makes me thing the Tues 27.5 XXL which has only 1cm larger reach than my Jeffsy XL might feel right at home.

Also what is everyones thoughts on carbon vs aluminum in a DH bike? I absolutely love my carbon Jeffsy but I am not sure if carbon vs alum in DH is as noticeable/significant.

FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
Hi there,

I'm 6.0 foot tall and have a Long 29er for some time and my previous bike was a 27.5 Long Capra MK1 . The jump was from 445 mm reach to 480 mm reach up from 27.5 to 29 inch wheels. It was strange at first, but it went away after a few laps in the park. Then I found the bike SUPER confident, it just ploughs in the chunk. My friend has a Large 27.5 Tues, and he's 5 foot 9/10 tall and even he finds my bike good for him, not overly big but definetely more enjoyable in the rough stuff. I've done a few laps with him, and I've alwasy gaining on him on the straights and on the pot holes of the DH tracks the 29 inch wheels just roll while the 27.5 gets very active. For your height, I would definetly recommend an XL 29'er , you will love the bike, it's just a ripper, and even compared to my Capra which was 180 mm FOX 36 front and 170 mm Float X2 on the back it's a big difference going down. Recently I've bought a trail bike 125 rear / 140 mm front , 29er and with the updated geo that bike ripss on the downs . For anyone over 6 foot, 27.5 are just a thing of history unless you REALLY want to flip / hit everything .

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Hi there,

I'm 6.0 foot tall and have a Long 29er for some time and my previous bike was a 27.5 Long Capra MK1 . The jump was from 445 mm reach to 480 mm reach up from 27.5 to 29 inch wheels. It was strange at first, but it went away after a few laps in the park. Then I found the bike SUPER confident, it just ploughs in the chunk. My friend has a Large 27.5 Tues, and he's 5 foot 9/10 tall and even he finds my bike good for him, not overly big but definetely more enjoyable in the rough stuff. I've done a few laps with him, and I've alwasy gaining on him on the straights and on the pot holes of the DH tracks the 29 inch wheels just roll while the 27.5 gets very active. For your height, I would definetly recommend an XL 29'er , you will love the bike, it's just a ripper, and even compared to my Capra which was 180 mm FOX 36 front and 170 mm Float X2 on the back it's a big difference going down. Recently I've bought a trail bike 125 rear / 140 mm front , 29er and with the updated geo that bike ripss on the downs . For anyone over 6 foot, 27.5 are just a thing of history unless you REALLY want to flip / hit everything .

Thanks for the info. It's such a difficult decision. How do you feel the 29er is to jump and pop around? I don't do any freeriding just fast technical trails and some jumps every now and then but no real tricks or flips. I like how maneuverable my XL Jeffsy 27.5" is and I fear that going to an Extra Long 29er Tues which has 20 mm longer reach and 77 mm longer wheelbase will be too big and "muted" with the 29er wheel. Can you still "bump jump" off rocks and roots and dive into corners easily with the 29er? How is the maneuverability?

I like the 29er for the stability and speed but I am just concerned all it will do is go fast straight down the trail and not really be fun to ride.

FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
I've jumped from 444 reach to 480 , thats a 35 mm jump and also from 27.5 to 29 inch . Haven't felt it wrong or too long except first runs on the bike, since then it's an amazing bike to ride. Of course you can still jump it, the poppy feel of YT bikes it's a standout but what you get on the side it's an amazing rollover capability over break bumps and rock chunk. It's not hype, 29'er bikes with modern geo and good wheels are an amazing combo. Maybe it won't work for shorter people, but for our height , it's the golden standard. I'm trying to understand why some would still want to be locked on 27.5 but as you can see, these bike became niche nowdays as there are mullets as well for some trying to find a mix of both (I would try it , just for the sake of curiosity but not looking to buy one, love 29'ers )

Can you find anyone with a modern 29'er bike (be it a trail / enduro / dh bike) ? You will understand instantly what I'm pointing out but for 6.4 really, I would pick the bigger wheels blinded Wink

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
Thanks again for the info. When I bought my YT Jeffsy I went from a reach 432 on a Trek Remedy to reach 485 on the Jeffsy, 53 mm! Knowing I made that jump without issues I should not be worried about 20mm between the Jeffsy and Tues or 10mm between the Tues XXL 27.5 and Extra Long Tues 29.

FL
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
So I’m 6’1” and I bought an xl 27.5 tues about 2 years ago. I always go back and forth and whether or not I should’ve got a L. I want to try one, and then maybe I can find someone to swap haha. It always feels a bit big to me.

FL
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
I'm 6 dead, ride an Large 29er Tues (longer than your XL) and it's spot on. I've tried my friends 27.5 Large, and felt really small, was glad I only rode it for a lap and not owning something that small. I've your not hitting rampage drops, my take is you made the right choice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036439
Mobile Version of Website