Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

What’s the worst thing about mountain biking?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What’s the worst thing about mountain biking?
Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
Then sell the massive fume burner and feed your mtb habit - prioritise seems to come to mind :-)

Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 14:27 Quote
eastsideride wrote:
or if you work at a bike shop in a nice neighborhood... that sucks

what do you mean I have to wait a week?

FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 14:32 Quote
for me it is-

SUMMER
bugs
stinging nettles
people

WINTER
wind and rain together
cold feet/hands
dark nights (although good lights make it pretty good)

OTHER
injuries
lack of time

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2018 at 16:29 Quote
False wrote:
eastsideride wrote:
or if you work at a bike shop in a nice neighborhood... that sucks

what do you mean I have to wait a week?

*insert cringe here*

Posted: Nov 2, 2018 at 23:53 Quote
Cost. Fewer public trails. Not enough time to ride. Running over dog poop on the trails!!!

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2018 at 0:28 Quote
hikers on trails, dumbass's that don't get out of the way, and our horrible trail association, COTA, they cant build for SH#T

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 23:09 Quote
I can safely say that a broken scaphoid has been my least favorite thing haha

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 9:02 Quote
Lately, the worst for me has been rain! Most trails have been closed here in North Texas since August. That's tough for an area where trails are normally open all year 'round. Rainfall so far this year, 51"... normal = 36".

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
Uphill climbing when not fit.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 18:06 Quote
Living in Florida.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 18:30 Quote
disturbances to the environment

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 18:37 Quote
Slack seat tube angles and Strava freaks.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 19:16 Quote
The old people who don’t advocate for fun trails and the organizations that only support boring ass trail development.

Spandex dudes with their genital bulge chilling post-ride like it’s a non-issue that their genitalia is visible to the public

Getting back into riding shape every year

Being chronically dehydrated somehow and ending up with a pack that weighs 20+ lbs for a several hour ride

Any and all types of feces on a trail

Falling in a dumbass way that bends my derailleur and/or the hanger and my near-perfect shifting goes to shit

The inevitable deterioration of just about every part on your bike over 2 years. changing all the ‘wear’ parts (entire drivetrain) and bearings is an expensive pain in the ass.

How fast my POS 5-10’s wear out

Getting whipped in the eyes by trail overgrowth, only to don glasses that fog up

80%+ humidity for 1/3 of the riding season

But, I love it nonetheless

FL
Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
Volksbuilders wrote:
COST....LOL!!!!
I think this one is the worst too. I wanted to race a full season of enduros around my state of Utah but for the 8 events I could conceivably go to, it would have cost over $3000 for race entry and travel alone. That put an end to my racing ambition real quick lol. It also sucks for newer riders like a buddy of mine. He bought a pretty nice bike but he doesn't ride it very much because it is in dire need of maintenance which is expensive. So he doesn't ride and then says he can't justify spending money on repairs since he barely rides! We are also broke college students so that exacerbates the problem. But yeah, the cost of mountain biking it is a shitty reality.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.053915
Mobile Version of Website