Powered by Outside

Why is everybody asking so much for there bikes?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Why is everybody asking so much for there bikes?
Posted: May 9, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
Austink wrote:
onyxss wrote:

Lowballing is easily solved with putting "price negotiation is possible only in person" at the ad. That way you only get serious buyers coming to look at the bike and ignore all lowballers watching too much Pawn Stars and Storage Hunters... :-)

I have literally had a buyer come to my house, test ride the bike, say they wanted it, and then say they only had $200 short of what we had previously agreed on. I knew they had driven far so I didn’t budge and they ended up driving to an atm to get the rest.

On another occasion I had someone agree to a price on a frame. I meet up and he has a personal check that he needs to cash before paying me. It is sunday so no bank is open. I tell him he can deposit it in an atm and pull out some of it immediately. This genius goes to the nearest atm and pulls the max amount he can. I ask if he was able to deposit it and he says that it wasn’t his banks atm. So we then go to his bank and as he is trying to deposit it, he leaves his card in the machine too long and it eats his card. After wasting 90 minutes of my time I tell him to piss off and call me when he has cash in hand.

People will seriously waste so much of everyone’s time thinking they can get a better price out of you.

^Way True. Way too common these days for people wasting your time.

I’ve had times where I lowered the price for someone local, then they wanted me to drive 30mins to hand deliver it to them. Or something comes up and they flake out and don’t respond. Unfortunately I would rather lose $20-$30 these days to ship it than having to deal with someone local.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019723
Mobile Version of Website