Powered by Outside

Yeti ARC Questions

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti ARC Questions
Posted: Dec 17, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
Peppermint216 wrote:
What effect will running a 52mm chainline have on the drivetrain?

It's a chainring clearance problem as far as I understand

Posted: Dec 31, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
hughbm wrote:
Peppermint216 wrote:
What effect will running a 52mm chainline have on the drivetrain?

It's a chainring clearance problem as far as I understand

Just setup my ARC with normal boost GX cranks, 52mm chainline, the chainring has good clearance. Really dont see the need to worry about 55mm vs 52mm.
Thanks for your input

Posted: Dec 31, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
Hi,

i am on the same Boat as you trying to reach a Chainline that is viable for the yeti Sb 160 (Arc and Sb 160 share the same chainline with 55 mm)

The problem is, i am using Raceface cranks. Anyone using Raceface cranks with the yeti Arc? What Spindle did you use and which setup of spacers? I tryed to understand the drawing sof their website but i am not 100% sure i did Understand correctly.

Cheers

Posted: Jan 9, 2023 at 6:50 Quote
Finally finished building up my ARC last week, and it is riding great. As a second bike, really loving the hardtail riding.
photo

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 16:24 Quote
the 55mm chainline is pretty aggressive. i am seeing premature wear on my cassette.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 7:17 Quote
I found that running Shimano M8000 cranks with the 53.4 chain line still allowed for pretty good clearance while not having the worse wear of the 55mm chain line. I run mine with a 30t and 10-42 11 speed cassette and it works great.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 5:31 Quote
The Arc has my attention but I am confused with when the early issues with the UDH pin were resolved. Jenson has a 2022 model @ 25% off but I am unsure if this is the same model with UDH issues.

https://www.jensonusa.com/YETI-ARC-C2-FACTORY-2022-BIKE-7?loc=usa&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6fafBhC1ARIsAIJjL8k8Ju6aHsyb5VkLZX7VJAyp11X0uyYvSpswVuRLgdlkIP0aqp8uGtkaAujgEALw_wcB

Anyone able to confirm or deny? Thanks

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 6:02 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
The Arc has my attention but I am confused with when the early issues with the UDH pin were resolved. Jenson has a 2022 model @ 25% off but I am unsure if this is the same model with UDH issues.

https://www.jensonusa.com/YETI-ARC-C2-FACTORY-2022-BIKE-7?loc=usa&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6fafBhC1ARIsAIJjL8k8Ju6aHsyb5VkLZX7VJAyp11X0uyYvSpswVuRLgdlkIP0aqp8uGtkaAujgEALw_wcB

yes, resolved issue with 2022 model. I bought mine 2022 and it is the new dropout.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 8:07 Quote
Stenimir wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

yes, resolved issue with 2022 model. I bought mine 2022 and it is the new dropout.

Thanks for the info. The raw color scheme is really the raw carbon with a clear coat over it right? I know some other manufacturers that claim “Raw” but it’s just aluminum colored paint.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 18:35 Quote
Lastly, anyone have recommendations on sizing? I am 6’1, currently ride a XL v1 Ripmo, which sometimes I think may just be a taaaad long in the reach. The Arc is 3mm shorter for the XL and maybe 25mm shorter for the Large regarding reach. I am on the fence wether to go XL or L.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 19:27 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Lastly, anyone have recommendations on sizing? I am 6’1, currently ride a XL v1 Ripmo, which sometimes I think may just be a taaaad long in the reach. The Arc is 3mm shorter for the XL and maybe 25mm shorter for the Large regarding reach. I am on the fence wether to go XL or L.

No expert on the Arc specifically, but hardtail reach gets longer in sag, full sus gets slightly shorter. A lot of people don't realise that when it comes to sizing.

Running the Arc numbers through this calculator https://madscientistmtb.com/sagged-hardtail-geometry-calculator/ says it's reach increases 13mm at 20% sag.

If an L Arc is 25mm shorter reach than the XL Ripmo static then its only ~12mm shorter when sagged, and an XL Arc ends up ~10mm longer reach than the XL Ripmo when sagged.

Unless they are quoting sagged geo for the Arc (which not many manufacturers do), I'd lean towards the L in your case.

Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 21:53 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Stenimir wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

Thanks for the info. The raw color scheme is really the raw carbon with a clear coat over it right? I know some other manufacturers that claim “Raw” but it’s just aluminum colored paint.

Its not so much as raw that the carbon is fully visible but it is there. You can see it but its not obvoius if that makes sens.e

I am 185cm or 6'1, and have gone with L Arc. I also have a hightower in XL which suits me really well. I really wanted the hardtail to be smaller just to have that feeling of more manuverability.

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 4:49 Quote
I'm 5'11 and have a M ripmo and a L arc. Both fit well Eek

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 13:42 Quote
hughbm wrote:
I'm 5'11 and have a M ripmo and a L arc. Both fit well Eek

Yeah, I think that mostly lines up with my Ripmo being a bit too long for me. Before that I had a Jeffsy which I believe the reach was about 50mm shorter. Ripmo feels good for the most part but after a few hours my hands feel over weighted.
I ended up going with a L Arc, the reach is right in between the Ripmo and the Jeffsy so I think it will work out well. Appreciate everyone’s input.

Posted: Mar 2, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
Sorry for taking long, I called Yeti first and confirmed the issue is covered, but had to cut the frame for Bike24 to submit the claim.

jrkoenig wrote:
ninjasound wrote:
nickjohnson27 wrote:
Here’s a photo of mine:

photo
Thanks all for sharing the issue!

This happened at me today while building the 2021 frame; called Bike24 and waiting for the answer. The screw on my frame was really loose when it was delivered, so I bought torque wrench and around 4.5Nm, it broke off.
Photo coming soon.

What did bike24 give you for an answer? I bought a frame from a local shop and they told me to drill it out myself. Not sure I want to go that route.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029413
Mobile Version of Website