'Tied the Knot' trail pictures featured in MBUK magazine

PB Forum :: Trail Building
'Tied the Knot' trail pictures featured in MBUK magazine
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
By the way we will have some T-shirts sorted out for the Trail Opening day guys! Thanks for all the interest, all profits go to nails etc so cheers.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 23:29 Quote
Hello there Readers and Riders...Steve-O here. I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the positive feedback. It's been a hell of a lot of fun and it's only going to get better. I can't wait for the 10th of May, it's going to be a blast! Hope to see you all there!

FFR
Steve.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 22:49 Quote
Hello boys and girls. We have more dirty pictures for you!!
Thanks to all involved today and check out the newest feature..."Squirrel Nuts". Remember this is an intermediate trail designed to incorporate stunts for those learning or not wanting to go big. But it's still damn fun.

The obligatory before shot...Steve and Shane assure me they were not watching Amanda dig (Ed: for very long).
photo

Debarking the cedar stringers with a 6lb axe.
photo

Cedar supports are dug 18 inches into very rocky ground for strength. We used a line and level to get the height right.
photo

The support/stringer/header joint
photo

The step-up stringer/support joint
photo

The step up completed
photo

The gap is only 25" across but the battle is in the mind.
photo

The small drop is not really high enough for any transition but we will await feedabck before further tweaking.
photo

We are nearly at trail's end now but there is still a couple suprises yet...Will Shane have his chainsaw back? Will Steve find the answer? Can Robin be bothered? Tune in next week to find out...

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 23:45 Quote
Ok, so technically speaking, it is not a step up. It's a kicker. And it's a ladder drop. So we have a kicker to ladder drop and by the way the ladder works out (including large headers) to 12 feet long. Reckon that's long enough? Feedback pleeze...

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 23:51 Quote
I wish I put effort into building trails like you guys do.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
That looks really sweet. Makes me want to go work on my trail.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
forbiddenfreeriders wrote:
Ok, so technically speaking, it is not a step up. It's a kicker. And it's a ladder drop. So we have a kicker to ladder drop and by the way the ladder works out (including large headers) to 12 feet long. Reckon that's long enough? Feedback pleeze...
From my experiences, I think that would be long enough. 2 cents

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
all i can say is wow. bravo to the crew

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
looks very well built for being so small

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
irideabetterbikethanyoufanclub wrote:
poop
wow ur cool dude

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
Thanks Lyndon7 for the feedback. Also cheers to all who comment here and I hope this does make you guys wanna build. Just do it right and legal and help the organized groups when you can to learn the art. Most importantly, respect the builders and the effort that goes into your trails by not skidding or building pirate lines.
The feature is all cedar and will be great for learning to jump onto a ladder and for linking skills. For those more skilled, it will make a good manual box.
Teachings over Grasshopper, now go ride.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
give everybody that builds props from xt,i want photo proof that they got the respect they desirve:P,also give your self double props for building and keeping this thred up

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
Cheers XT! The appreciation pics will be up on the 10th May after we all get to ride this top to bottom at our trail opening event. We are getting a few sponsored riders to show what can be done on a 'Short Course Freeride Trail' and of course we shall be downing a few cold beverages afterwards. Thanks for the support guys and I wish you could all ride it!

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
man you guys are an inspiration, i wish me and my friends (mostly my friends) had enough commitment to do that kind of building with that kind of skill. The trail looks epic and i hope you guys enjoy the fruits of your labor. I was also wondering how you got the rights to build a trail legally, any tips on getting that done, what was the process?

cheers
-Danny

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040436
Mobile Version of Website