Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Intense

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
hey do you guys think it is dh race capable for a 13 year old which would be racing in sport??

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
loveDJandDH wrote:
hey do you guys think it is dh race capable for a 13 year old which would be racing in sport??

Are you racing on an Intense frame? If not, then this is probably better off asked in the Downhill forum. Personally, I have never raced DH (maybe next month), so I couldn't help you.

FL
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
new fork lowers on the m3
sorry for the pose!Big Grin
photo

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
rav400 wrote:
... where did you get those blue brake lines for your avid juicies? I was planning on getting the avid codes.

They're Goodridge with Nokon shifter cables. And don't do Codes on this bike unless you really do shit your pants on DH all the time, they're overkill (on this bike), so build her up nice and light.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 2:32 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
Josh-Mocock wrote:
Does any one know if anything has changed on the SS for 2009?

Cheers
not that im aware of.
intense doesnt work by model year anyway, they make changes as they see fit.
thats why the early m6's are different to the current ones, even tho there both made in "08" model year.

I may be wrong, this is being touted as a prototype, but intense wont say if its the SS or the uzzi, and judging by the shock mount and the HTA and TT length id say this is a new proto SS.
Intense said on mbr that one of the issues they saw with the frame is that because nigel paige designed it so well and ppl were using it as a trail bike instead of a park bike they felt the need to make the seat tube longer for fully extended seatposts.
Makes sens, but i think it looks a but over complicated
photo

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:

I may be wrong, this is being touted as a prototype, but intense wont say if its the SS or the uzzi, and judging by the shock mount and the HTA and TT length id say this is a new proto SS

^^^ That's the new Uzzi - check out the article on Pinkbike front page, looks a lot like a beefed up 6.6 to me Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:
Josh-Mocock wrote:
Does any one know if anything has changed on the SS for 2009?

Cheers
not that im aware of.
intense doesnt work by model year anyway, they make changes as they see fit.
thats why the early m6's are different to the current ones, even tho there both made in "08" model year.

I may be wrong, this is being touted as a prototype, but intense wont say if its the SS or the uzzi, and judging by the shock mount and the HTA and TT length id say this is a new proto SS.
Intense said on mbr that one of the issues they saw with the frame is that because nigel paige designed it so well and ppl were using it as a trail bike instead of a park bike they felt the need to make the seat tube longer for fully extended seatposts.
Makes sens, but i think it looks a but over complicated
photo

Rear the description on the photo! Description: 2009 Proto Intense SS - Raw Version

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
peach wrote:
photo

Rear the description on the photo! Description: 2009 Proto Intense SS - Raw Version[/Quote]

I think that is a typo on the pic, because a) it looks the same as the red/orange Uzzi frame and b) why would they change the SS seat end of the top tube weld/design when it looks so deadly sick/sweet the way it is ? And that's what makes it stand out from the 6.6

Edited to add - other websites report that the raw is def an Uzzi so I think it's a typo.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
Please go back and read what i just said, and READ WHAT THE DESIGNER FROM INTENSE SAID!
on mtbr he clearly states that the red frame is the uzzi with adjustable travel etc etc.
when he shows the photo of the raw frame, which clearly has different shock mounts and tt length and HTA he says it is another proto (but not which model) and then mentions the seat tube issues with the ss i just mentioned....gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd.
your right tho, the current ST TT junction is so damn sexy why bother with this ugly fork like junction?!

with 3 new models just come out, the tracer, the ss and the uzzi, i think you may find that the 6.6 is being phased out.
there is no need for it anymore!
the tracer is 5/6 adjustable travel
the ss is 6.5
and the uzzi is 6.75/7

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
That raw prototype does look like an SS with a longer seat tube. On the Intense website it is just called "another prototype." They didn't call it an Uzzi or anything. If it is the next SS I, like the look of the current one much better. And I'll soon know how they ride too! I have a medium stealth black SS in the mail!

Posted: Sep 16, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
just home today
photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 6:47 Quote
Some SS funk....

More funk here

photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/2009-intense-uzzi-2008.html
alright the raw intense is as stated by pinkbike... to be an uzzi... keep arguing if you want too... but i just figured i'd show you the link.

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
drewintense wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/2009-intense-uzzi-2008.html
alright the raw intense is as stated by pinkbike... to be an uzzi... keep arguing if you want too... but i just figured i'd show you the link.
dude, we did read that, and there is clearly TWO different frames ther.
on MTBR he states that the red frame is the uzzi and fails to name the other prototype, which, as an owner of an ss, i think is blatently the new ss....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.328159
Mobile Version of Website