Powered by Outside

Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
i use my feet at the bottom of big hills if im in danger from hitting a car but apart from that theres no need to brake

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
No. In fact I try to keep fingers off as much as possible. If you have a finger on the brakes it means you're scared. Straitline made these cool custom lever blades for the Gravity Camp that say "1 finger=style 2 fingers=scared". True dat.

fingers on the levers, im not pulling them, dual fingers is for when i dont have the strength to pull tight enough with one finger, like towards the end of a 4 minute dh run thats worked you the whole way

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
i just realized this isnt a dh forum, oh well

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
bmxracer62 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
No. In fact I try to keep fingers off as much as possible. If you have a finger on the brakes it means you're scared. Straitline made these cool custom lever blades for the Gravity Camp that say "1 finger=style 2 fingers=scared". True dat.

fingers on the levers, im not pulling them, dual fingers is for when i dont have the strength to pull tight enough with one finger, like towards the end of a 4 minute dh run thats worked you the whole way

Do some hand and forearm exercises. That'll cure that pump.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
bmxracer62 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Larger diameter grips help, I find.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
i would have 1 finger on my brakes but theyre so bad that they cant stop me with 1 finger

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
bmxracer62 wrote:

which ones though,i tried the liz skins north shore loc on and they are just a tad big,i now have liz skins moab but my palms hurt.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
marquis wrote:
sherbet wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

which ones though,i tried the liz skins north shore loc on and they are just a tad big,i now have liz skins moab but my palms hurt.

I'm in love with oury's.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
looked at them also,but not enough reviews.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
Reviews or not, I'll give them my personal seal of approval. Grips are totally preference, though.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
true i guess,and i one finger for everything and none for when i dont need to.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
I usually always have one finger on my brake, just in case.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
i usually have one on both when i have both breaks on, unless im doing a flatty or something

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
i cant do a thing without one finger at the brake!!!
been crashing so many times cause the brake so, never more....

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
I run my levers in specific positions and i hate bikes that dont have them that way.

I have them so that i have my first finger on them only, and in the best position of the lever, and the lever is at a specific angle so that i dont loose very much grip with my finger on the brakes.

I know that i shouldn't becuse if things go sketch, you immediately want to brake, which you shouldn't because chances are it will make you fall off. So now, when downhilling i try and focus on taking my fingers off of the brakes until i need them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023281
Mobile Version of Website