O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 4:10 Quote
from ammount of wins- boxxer wc

frow what i think/like- fox 40.

i love my 40. better than any boxxer iv ridden

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 4:26 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
norco-rider-55 wrote:
The Fox 40 LTD ED 40 look Pretty sweet!!, I'm running with a Fox 40 rc2 and it's amazing so probably that new fork would be great!!
Right.. lol
It's right lol...

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 4:41 Quote
Lol, no one has yet mentioned BOS. They are beyond godlike, sadly it's not meant for us mortals.

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 5:16 Quote
I'm gonna throw in to the selection.

Shock therapy forks - they've got something to do with Brake Therapy

Brunn forks

there's also White Brothers, Risse, Curnutt and Avalanche suspension forks...

Ultimately, the Rockshox Boxxer is the most 'successful' suspension DH fork of all time, that can't really be disputed!

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
I rode the new morewood with BOS suspension and it is! GOD LIKE! you start riding the bike and you here the fork and shock whispering in your ear "PIN IT! PIN IT!!!"
I swear IT IS SO GOOD 10X better then any other shock\fork out there

but the price is freakin crazy

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 3:30 Quote
hi, my opinion 2007 888 had loads of abuse n still alive n kicking great forks reasonable price very sensative at top travel but solid at bottom great ride great on very heavy bighit,

dont recommend manitou stances blew internals out of stancion top cap ripped alloy stancion to bits

also got 2006 mara drop off sl sweet riding 150mm single crowns can handle abuse, and m8s got 2006 drop off 3's 150mm single wi 20mm axel solid forks mint

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 3:33 Quote
manipoo travis's- sooo reliable and stiff- keep the front end nice and low too....reverse arch is the best piece of bike design ever........................

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 4:03 Quote
my 2006 888's rc's with custom tf valves and supper slippy judy butter treated seals and castrol synthetic fork oil.
best fork in the world; though a real porker by todays standard

just kidding Wink

i think i will have to go with a fox 40rc2 in black.

reasons:
-no plastic bits
-no flimsey cheap alloy bits
-price is fair by todays standard
-you can have them in black
-highly tunable
-bos would have had it but you cannot service them yourself without a big bottle of gas

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 4:24 Quote
biscuito wrote:
manipoo travis's- sooo reliable and stiff- keep the front end nice and low too....reverse arch is the best piece of bike design ever........................

I hope thats a joke

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 at 4:27 Quote
nicholas888 wrote:
biscuito wrote:

I hope thats a joke

has to be

Posted: Dec 25, 2010 at 9:45 Quote
well ive noticed one guy mentioned BOS and im gunna have to back him up. i dont have bos kit onmy bike nor have i properly riden on it but a couple mates got the stoy and idylle on their bikes (morewood makulu and sunn radical) and arent looking back. both have been through most forks boxxers 40's and 888's and they both say the bos is in a totaly different league but comes at a price. I wouldnt mind finding ot anyoes opinion on the CCDB shock?

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
[Quote="derekt"]
shacabahalla wrote:
boxxers for sure just look at there list of riders
peaty
rennie
sam hill
sabrina jonnier
theres to many to list

also they are all one black box programs and its not that specific fork they choose its because they are on sram i bet you some would change if they were "allowed"

my choise would be fox 40, boxxer then 888

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 15:21 Quote
888 RC2X is THE fork.

FL
Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 8:12 Quote
It has seriously taken to the 6th page for people to mention BOS forks?
Wake up kids

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 at 10:25 Quote
dirtbiker100 wrote:
It has seriously taken to the 6th page for people to mention BOS forks?
Wake up kids

i know right, dont think anybody actualy knows how much better than anything bos forks are

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020947
Mobile Version of Website