Powered by Outside

Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
oh okay thanks, i think that just because of that i will buyt he bash but make my guide fit the bash, and btw the boomerang is done pics will b eup tomorrow

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
<Photo does not exist: 2689203>
My sister painted it. It's sick.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 23:28 Quote
comoxdh wrote:
<Photo does not exist: 2689203>
My sister painted it. It's sick.

Your sister's got skills.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 0:06 Quote
photo

CNC aluminum "Brass Knuckle Link" for our DH bike

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 0:08 Quote
oneghost wrote:
photo

CNC aluminum "Brass Knuckle Link" for our DH bike

Pimp!

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 4:48 Quote
kamikaze-bmxer wrote:
heres a titanium 20mm bolt thru peg i machined
photo

super sick...shame I haven't any Ti at work...

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
the boomerang and roller are complete!! now i just need to get my crank pulled so i can install it and work out some spacing for the top guide

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m439/black9label13/IMG_0799.jpg

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
the boomerang and roller are complete!! now i just need to get my crank pulled so i can install it and work out some spacing for the top guide

Get some crank pulling tool, it's really handy, i got mine for 4€ and works perfectly. I'm also making a chainguide, just a question what diameter did you used for the bottom bracket hole? I'm thinking about 36mm because i measured my BB with a caliper and it was about 34mm but i'm afraid it will be hard do fix the boomerang because theres only about 2mm of contact surface between it and the BB lip.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
wrc21 wrote:
blackXLabel13 wrote:

Get some crank pulling tool, it's really handy, i got mine for 4€ and works perfectly. I'm also making a chainguide, just a question what diameter did you used for the bottom bracket hole? I'm thinking about 36mm because i measured my BB with a caliper and it was about 34mm but i'm afraid it will be hard do fix the boomerang because theres only about 2mm of contact surface between it and the BB lip.
try 35, mine is 36 only beccause we have standard inch drills int he shop and not metric so i just went with the closest oned i could find, remember if you go 35 mm and its too small you can just lightly dremel the hole till it fits

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
try 35, mine is 36 only beccause we have standard inch drills int he shop and not metric so i just went with the closest oned i could find, remember if you go 35 mm and its too small you can just lightly dremel the hole till it fits

Thanks. It doesn't matter if it's metric, we also don't have 35mm drills i guess. The only way would be to have someone cutting it on a lathe's spindle. Keep posting your work, mine will use a blackspire roller and will be a bit different than yours.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
wrc21 wrote:
blackXLabel13 wrote:

Thanks. It doesn't matter if it's metric, we also don't have 35mm drills i guess. The only way would be to have someone cutting it on a lathe's spindle. Keep posting your work, mine will use a blackspire roller and will be a bit different than yours.
well toomorrow i will be getting the crank pulled/buying a puller and installing it but i think that will be as far as i get for a while as i still need to buy a bash guard etc but i will post pics of it installed

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
blackXLabel13 wrote:
well toomorrow i will be getting the crank pulled/buying a puller and installing it but i think that will be as far as i get for a while as i still need to buy a bash guard etc but i will post pics of it installed[/Quote]

Buying a bashgard? are you mental?! If you have access to a lathe just make one lol. I made one but still haven't installed it because i need the long chainring bolts, and the only ones available in europe are e13's for 16€, a f*cking rip off. I made it using a cutting board made of 13mm tick teflon. But if you're gonna buy one choose one with bolts included from CRC or jenson, they have big discounts.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
my hussefelt cranks are brand new and came with the long bolts, right now the included spacers are on the bolts, i was just going to get a truvativ one but i might reconsider because we has plexi in shop, i know its not the same but its free.
the only reason i was going to is time, i am lookign to get out on co-op soon which would take out of the time i can use the lathe because ym shop teacher only allows us one day a cycle to make our own things and i already used that day this cycle to make a tool for work,.....who knows theres no rush since highland just closed today

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
i made a frame, bars, disc caliper mounting bracket, bar ends

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
Mtbdean wrote:
i saw somewhere a bike with disc protectors. Looked like half a chain guide mounted to the frame so you could grind without hitting your disc
was it a blue/gray hardtail bike? the rider had an afro?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040831
Mobile Version of Website