Powered by Outside

do you ever ride without a helmet?

PB Forum :: Downhill
do you ever ride without a helmet?
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
full face if dh/fr ing, skate style melon cap if dj/park/street, no helm if riding to store, friends house, school etc. dont be stupid, people die from falling w/ no helmut

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
I always wear my helmet. I too need to invest in a bucket, because i only have my fullface, but i still wear it, even riding into town or to a friends house cuz you never know when your gonna get smoked by a drunk driver and go flying 20 feet through the air. Better safe than sorry ppl.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
between the car and the lift i dontBig Grin

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
yes i do wear a helmet

rther be safe than sorry

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
In a word, no! I haven't ridden once in the last 8 or so years without wearing one, and I'll never ride again unless I'm wearing a helmet. I've written off two helmets in the past and I really do believe they can genuinely save your life in certain circumstances. I think it's extremely important to wear a helmet when cycling, regardless of the distance you're riding becasue you simply don't know when you might need it. My helmet goes on before I even unlock my bike and only comes off again once the bike is locked up or away, so I'm never even sat on it without my head being protected.

So yeah... I'm a very strict helmet wearer, and I wish more other people were as well!

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
i wear an open face helmet absolutely everywhere
i rode to my friends like 10 blocks away and wore a helmet
i want a fullface for fr and dh but the giro rememdy doesnt fit me
small is to tight and mediums too loose

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
my slogen is if you dont wear a helmet you wont now how to spell helmet

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
family4 wrote:
my slogen is if you dont wear a helmet you wont now how to spell helmet
That's sweet lollol

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
ya i know i just thougth of that today

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
my slogan is wear a helmet because it's better to walk away than live your life as a vegetable. No matter how confident you are doing the same trick over and over shit happens. Stephen Murray is a good example of how things can go wrong and it's best to be prepared.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
I use to wear it all the time but not anymore unless I'm at a big skatepark or one I don't know or when I'm trying a new trick or new obstacle i.e hip or spine that's bigger than previous ones I've done.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
Kbone wrote:
my slogan is wear a helmet because it's better to walk away than live your life as a vegetable. No matter how confident you are doing the same trick over and over shit happens. Stephen Murray is a good example of how things can go wrong and it's best to be prepared.

and he was wearing helmet but reallt helmets aren't all that helpfull when your head on with the ground...

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
I always wear a helmet.

open face with swimming goggles for DH, FF helmet with armor for street.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
lukasgeelhoed wrote:
I always wear a helmet.

open face with swimming goggles for DH, FF helmet with armor for street.

ff=fullface?...if so your cool...shouldn't it be the other way arpound minus the googles...

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
fullface with armour for street lol Unless you're dave mirra riding a competition size halfpipe, you don't need a full face or armour.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.341272
Mobile Version of Website