Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

bay area anti-biker hatred

PB Forum :: USA - West
bay area anti-biker hatred
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
I just read the article; that was probably the euphemistic piece of crap I've ever read. I feel sorry for all you guys affected.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
There are a few illegal trails here, but our whole infrastructure of our country is so f#cked up, nobody cares that we ride anywhere. There was a few cases where someone span fishline across a trail; it cut a piece off a mtb'er's cheek! Now thats crap.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
holy shit dude they shut down the website due to death threats?!?!? my god i hope he knows we were joking

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:33 Quote
just found this link on his blog. http://cbs5.com/video/?id=36148@kpix.dayport.com
its a f*cking interview with him. this shit was on the news too. i f*cking hate this guy.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:57 Quote
ok global warming is the biggest joke ever. Did you know that scientists disproved the statistics in al gores movie? With enough money, its easy to convince anyone to say or do anything... sorry ok back to topic... most hiking trails in marin were built by mountain bikers (mt. tam, ivc in novato). Now hikers are putting stakes and barbed wire into the ground to stop us from riding. Do they get a fine? nope. We are fighting a losing battle, and although i found that threating that guy was hilarious, your just adding to the problem. If we get enough bikers to get involved, we could do something like what they did in golden colorado:build a trail specifically for dh. No hikers, no uphill traffic.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
how much you want to bet he made up the 'death threats' on his blog so that he could get on the news?

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:01 Quote
i doubt it, that guy doesnt look like he has a sense of humor (i found those comments as funny as a buck toothed bearded lady), and he shut down his site so the comments would stop.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:05 Quote
will54869 wrote:
murder that guy. we cant have people like that in california

you were directly quoted in the article.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
My thoughts:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2003091502_Display-35.gif

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
wtf ''illegal mtbing''.
the news crew and that guys has issues.
specially the guy, he has some strong ones.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
I would like to apoligize to john and say that I was completely kidding about what I said and hope that I did not incite anybody to actually harm this person. It was a bad joke and I am sorry. I would also like to say that I did not plan on harming him in any way. I am sorry to john and all of the bikers whose reputation i have harmed through this action.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
I would like to apoligize to john and say that I was completely kidding about what I said and hope that I did not incite anybody to actually harm this person. It was a bad joke and I am sorry. I would also like to say that I did not plan on harming him in any way. I am sorry to john and all of the bikers whose reputation i have harmed through this action.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
probably was brought up, but the thing a few years back about the rangers putting up rebar and barbed wire on tenderfot i think. and one thing i would like to point out that i always think is funny is that some marin and gary fisher bikes are named after trails those guys built, and now are illegal for mountain bikers. :/

FL
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
420biker wrote:
will54869 wrote:
murder that guy. we cant have people like that in california

you were directly quoted in the article.
Wow i was totally kidding.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 12:21 Quote
cars so way more damage then bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024055
Mobile Version of Website