Powered by Outside

What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)

PB Forum :: Beginners
What Got You To Start Biking? (Your history of what made you start and how?)
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
one of my friends at the time was really into it and i went biking with him for a day and just loved it, and now...here i am.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
I often ask my self the question, how did it come to this? When I was a yungster My 3 older brothers rode there bikes all the time, my parents tryed and tryed to get me on the bike but ever since my first try when I fell off I was done with biking, when I turned 10 I finaly tryed again, lurned how to pedal that day. Next my dad and brothers tryed to get me on the trails. The whole way down I would cry because it was so scary. i still don't know what kept me biking, i hated it so much, it used to be my least favorit thing to do and now I love it. Smile

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
watching drop in season 2
super T and steve romaniuk

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
I stated riding to try and quit smoking and I am almost there.
I have gone from smoking 1 pack a day to less than half of a pack a day in just three months.
within the next month I will be smoke free and able to bike for a longer period of time.This is a tough challenge but biking makes it seem alot easier especially when nothing else has worked in the past.

ram

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
ramskilion wrote:
I stated riding to try and quit smoking and I am almost there.
I have gone from smoking 1 pack a day to less than half of a pack a day in just three months.
within the next month I will be smoke free and able to bike for a longer period of time.This is a tough challenge but biking makes it seem alot easier especially when nothing else has worked in the past.

ram
keep it upSalute

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
good job keep on going, biking has done so many good things for people that other methods cant. its really a magical medicine

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
i saw the X-games park comptition on tv and i was soo amazed.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
i never reall yhtought i would get into biking but my dad bought a next it was a bmx bike and when i got it i thought it was the coolest bike ever i was younger but i would always have problems with it and i started hating the bike so i decided to get a good bmx bike that i was planning on just riding around with it so i wouldnt have to worry about it falling apart i went out and got a dk cinncinati one of my friends were already into biking and i would watch him doing tricks and start to try the same things and before i knew i was doing some tricks and actually liked i still didnt know to much about biking he told me one day about pinkbike so i created an acount and was reading threw the forums and learning alot about biking the i had no clue about like downhill/freeride/dirt jumping/ and trial so i really slowly got into bikiing by buying a bike that i just wanted to ride around and not worry anbout it falling apart. as of now im still beginer but im learnign and gettin better and no i like it and im not going to stop biking

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
it was the old ride guides with the guys with spandex falling on the one foot log drops
then my cousin a bit
started watchin drop in
got my stinky watched the disorders 1-3 when 6 just came out then the next year i just excelled this is my third year biking now

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
my brother was jumping some little 2 ft jumps and he told me to jump them or he was gonna throw rocks at me

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
GotTaBiKe wrote:
my brother was jumping some little 2 ft jumps and he told me to jump them or he was gonna throw rocks at me

i remeber that. u would jump that 7 inch plastic ramp some me and ur bro were gonna start chucking rock at u lol, that was funny

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
yeh, i remeber when i was in like grade1, me and my dad found some bricks, my neighbor was a biker and weed see him wheeling stuff and bunny hoping refrigerator boxes, and so i though it would be neat to make jumps, so my dad bought a bord and we used the bricks and board as a ramp to flat. by grade 4 i was at 3.5 feet of the ground, those were the good days

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
i went to Preschool and they had theese bikes with really thick tires and i mean like 5 " tires so u could ride them and track stand with ease ten i got my first bike (still have it) and i only used training wheels for like a week then i just rode the bike a lot then i started getting into riding more but not like any Djs or anything morely just communting u could say so i would go out with my dad and ride around and there was this curb that i always would just ride off and i felt so cool doing that (lol) this is when i was like 5-6 and then i got this channel on TV called X-Treme sports and they always had "Ride Guide" on after i got home from school and i see these riders and they're like PRO rding like 5 foot drops easy so i start gettin into it and i start actually learning how to do some like endos and stuff and i started loving the soport and ive never left since

Whip

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
i started a year ago. broke my arm. didnt think i was ever going to star again. started again this year because i was missing it so much! broke my finger, so i couldnt bike this summer. i started at the end of summer and i broke my toe saturday so i cant bike...again! i currently trying to get a job to buy myself a good bike.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
My friend bought a mtb in like 8 grade, which was 3 years ago, to go on rides with his parents, back when i had a bmx. I wasn't very good at bmx, but i could hit some jumps. I rode his bike around the neighborhood and like the idea of suspension, so i went out and bought a rockhopper not knowing anything about biking. I was about 5'0 and 95 lbs, so i could take that bike off anything and not break it. I jumped it, did small drops with it and just had a good time. I got more into biking, and bought my kona about a year ago.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023642
Mobile Version of Website