Powered by Outside

Kamloops Riders, who all rides here?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Kamloops Riders, who all rides here?
FL
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
Not sure why people are on this thread saying that Kamloops doesn’t have much of a dh/fr scene. Kamloops is still a mecca for all sorts of riding and people are always ripping around with trucks full of bikes. Some key spots are Harper Mountain, Rio, Jameson, the Ranch, Sun Peaks...just to name a few.

Current conditions are still not that great with snow at higher elevations and in the trees. I rode in Savona, Knutsford and Bachelor heights (tower to ord road) this weekend and conditions were super varied. Sovona was great! Wet in some spots but over all a great ride. Knutsford was still too snowy at the top and the tower to Ord road was good but its a pretty ordinary ride.

Don’t let the grooms (without trucks who only ride the Ranch) on this thread trick you into thinking that Kamloops is beat. The Loops is one of the best riding areas in BC.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Not sure why people are on this thread saying that Kamloops doesn’t have much of a dh/fr scene. Kamloops is still a mecca for all sorts of riding and people are always ripping around with trucks full of bikes. Some key spots are Harper Mountain, Rio, Jameson, the Ranch, Sun Peaks...just to name a few.

Current conditions are still not that great with snow at higher elevations and in the trees. I rode in Savona, Knutsford and Bachelor heights (tower to ord road) this weekend and conditions were super varied. Sovona was great! Wet in some spots but over all a great ride. Knutsford was still too snowy at the top and the tower to Ord road was good but its a pretty ordinary ride.

Don’t let the grooms (without trucks who only ride the Ranch) on this thread trick you into thinking that Kamloops is beat. The Loops is one of the best riding areas in BC.

HELL f*ckING YES!

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
Hey, I'm coming up that way tomorrow and I'm going to bring my bike. I've been to the ranch and can head out there if I don't here back from anyoone. Can anyone suggest a good single track ride. I'd like to park at the bottom and don't mind peddling up say 3-8K for some good single track down. I've seen those trails on the way up the hill on the highway through town, but don't know how to get on them.

Anyway....any early season suggestions let me know, I'll check before I head out at 6:00 am tomorrow.

Thanks,

Gibber

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
when you pass convergys on the highway and your headed east hang a right and go towards juniper and you'll find the ranch.was up there 2 days last week shuttling the kids, dry and dusty

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
is there only one downhill trail at the ranch or is that map on the citys site old and all the other trails have been built as well?

oh and anybody ever thought of makin some trails off noble back into westside or even popping out in batch? and can anyone tell me/send me a message to the start of rio? ive been told its just past the tower on the dirt road....

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
there are 4 different trails and a jump park at the ranch , and there are trails from batch down towards brock by the water tower on ord road and a coupple of sets of jumps. my kid and his friends have been building there and have a new 25' gap jump built

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
hey everyone!
there now is an "official kamloops thread"
check it out!
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=7648&pagenum=1#commentid1848952

O+
Posted: May 23, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
dion5000 wrote:
hey everyone!
there now is an "official kamloops thread"
check it out!
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=7648&pagenum=1#commentid1848952
thats a 360 thread. I think you got the numbers mixed

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
keep this thread going as ill probably be seeing kamloops in about 3 weeks time.Thanks

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 7:40 Quote
keep an eye on both of them and anyone out there knows how to post the new thread on this one please do it as i f*cked up!

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 11:19 Quote
dion5000 wrote:
and have a new 25' gap jump built

Where?

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
the 25' gap they call the valley gap is at the water tower at ord road

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
dion5000 wrote:
keep an eye on both of them and anyone out there knows how to post the new thread on this one please do it as i f*cked up!
here it is:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=76484&pagenum=1#commentid1851077

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 23:10 Quote
can anyone give me any directions about rose hill.i know u go up the road to a water tank that is huge but that is all.so im just wondering as in august i am on a road trip and will probably be moving for a bit to the region.any help on this would be greatly appreciated.and anyone looking for a room mate in about 4 monthes time?
thanks

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040268
Mobile Version of Website