Powered by Outside

Just getting into Dirtjumping, what should I get?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Just getting into Dirtjumping, what should I get?
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
I dont like the norco. I would suggest the P. Series. If not, look into NS or DMR. Dobs are nice but very expensive. Look into simtra when you at the stage of buying your second bike. I ride lots of street and DJ and I own a simtra frame on 24". Its fantastic.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
Kbone wrote:
the money you put into the havoc getting it singlespeed and a rear brake it'll cost you the same as the district SS in the end. Just save up a bit more cash and get a bike that'll suit your needs. plus the devinci frames are gauranteed for life. any cracks, bends, whatever they'll replace it.

Wouldnt it cost less making it single speed as the bike store gets the deraiulers and cogs back. Then I save more money taking away a V brake and Front disc and just putting a cheap rear one on? The Devinci is nice but its still a bit expensive and the colour is odd.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
Devinci frame also has a life time warranty. That's a big bonus.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
District SS, all the way.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
sherbet wrote:
fail. because of the girly color

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
if this is your first bike, you want to buy one, not build one. i'd suggest going to your lbs, or two or three, ride a couple bikes and get which ever feels best for you. don't buy something you haven't ridden.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
-name- wrote:
sherbet wrote:
fail. because of the girly color

Real men can rock any colour.

That aside, it's got a frame that's welded in Canada, has a life time warranty backing it, has good parts, and amazing geometry.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
Check the norco ryde bro. it looks soo good to me and its only a grand

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
id go for one of norco dirt/street bikes. 125, 250, ryde,
Eastern also makes some nice entry bikes to.
Specialized are good but ive heard alot of warranty problems with them.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
I wouldnt mind the Devinci SS but I hate the colour and price. I get its got an upgraded fork and is already SS and has a rear brake but dont you think the Norco would still be cheaper? What warranty does Norco Have. I have a Norco now and I havnt had to deal with anything. Anything that has happened goes through the LBS.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
I'd rather not the 125, as it has a rather low end shifter and derailer. No doubt they'll feel horrible. I'd probably SS it, or upgrade the drivetrain, but that's an upgrade I wouldn't want to deal with right out of the box.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd rather not the 125, as it has a rather low end shifter and derailer. No doubt they'll feel horrible. I'd probably SS it, or upgrade the drivetrain, but that's an upgrade I wouldn't want to deal with right out of the box.
baby blue= dumb, girly, gay, not as awesome as green or orange or summin that sticks out

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
Does anyone know the warranty on Norco. The District SS is nice but I cant find it any lower than 1050.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017110
Mobile Version of Website