Freeride Hardtailing

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride Hardtailing
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
I ride my 2008 Manik every were DJ,FR,DH it does it all!

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
ive got an 07 manik with the drop off triples and it seems to work pretty damn good...

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 5:03 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
allday wrote:
man tahts so much travel for a kona cuz the tech over there goes crazy if anyone puts mopre that 100m travel on any kona hardtail lol

so many people put big forks on Konas. My friend ran a 7 inch 888, and I've seen lots of other konas ht's with huge forks. Apparently they can handle them pretty well.

photo

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 5:26 Quote
m47h13u wrote:
Look into the Transition Vagrant, Norco Rampage, and the Norco Manik.
what about an older norco torrent, like an 06 or 05, they are higher ranked then a rampage and a manik not sure about the transition though as i dont know much about that company

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
Freeriding on a hardtail has brought back a lot of great memories as well as it has brought back some old dormant skills I did not think I possessed any longer by riding a Fully. I was on a fully for nearly ten years before this recent exchange back to a hardtail. I am picking my lines more carefull again, and my riding has become more fluid and more enjoyable. My next step is to lose the SPD's and try platforms again and see if this will also excite my senses further. I jumped on a fully for the first time in a while not to long ago, and by switching back to hardtail and then riding a Fully... something was missing for me. I think I am going to spend the rest of my years on a hardtail, because I believe this is were I belong. Live Free and Ride Hard all... and keep ridin' your lines. -Cory

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
ns bitches are nicer thank the norco and only 220 pound of chainreactions. they have a warranty up to a 180mm fork and look sexy !

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
I know this is old, it got me thinking though as i ride was is essentially a dj 24", however i dont just stick to jumps, infact i prefer hitting downhill/bermed runs with flow more than anything, or a session on a 4x/bmx track, and yet i find that i just love my bike, it responds so quickly and can get flicked over jumps and railed into corners etc, for me its perfect as i'd say im an all round rider, unless you can afford a number of different bikes (which i cant) i love my do it all cr-mo singlespeed bike, low maintenance, reliable and awesome fun! I think until i start hitting 10ft drops (will be a while) a full sus just isnt necessary!!

opinions?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
jackbrowc wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
allday wrote:
man tahts so much travel for a kona cuz the tech over there goes crazy if anyone puts mopre that 100m travel on any kona hardtail lol

so many people put big forks on Konas. My friend ran a 7 inch 888, and I've seen lots of other konas ht's with huge forks. Apparently they can handle them pretty well.

photo

this bike is like 10 years old

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
ahstueyman wrote:
I know this is old, it got me thinking though as i ride was is essentially a dj 24", however i dont just stick to jumps, infact i prefer hitting downhill/bermed runs with flow more than anything, or a session on a 4x/bmx track, and yet i find that i just love my bike, it responds so quickly and can get flicked over jumps and railed into corners etc, for me its perfect as i'd say im an all round rider, unless you can afford a number of different bikes (which i cant) i love my do it all cr-mo singlespeed bike, low maintenance, reliable and awesome fun! I think until i start hitting 10ft drops (will be a while) a full sus just isnt necessary!!

opinions?
Im in the midst of trading my 04-05 bighit for another hardtail. Dont know why but last year i was on a 24 hardtail single speed and decided to go up to somthing bigger (the bighit) and as much as i tryed i just never felt as "At home" as i did on my dinky lil hardtail. Lookin forward to the change! Hmmm, i wonder if my halo contras will fit it?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
the1nonlyj wrote:
ahstueyman wrote:

opinions?
Im in the midst of trading my 04-05 bighit for another hardtail. Dont know why but last year i was on a 24 hardtail single speed and decided to go up to somthing bigger (the bighit) and as much as i tryed i just never felt as "At home" as i did on my dinky lil hardtail. Lookin forward to the change! Hmmm, i wonder if my halo contras will fit it?

So are you still riding the 24" instead then,I just think they are the perfect play thing, no your not gunna win any gold medals on them (maybe DJ) but all round its perfect, the only other criticism is going uphill on it, but going up for me is a chore for the pleasure of coming down, and I definately would not compromise the fun coming down for comfort going up!

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
guys guys, lets all agree on 1 thing,
you cant brake these :
photo

photo

photo

photo

except ofcourse for that ugly sherman...

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
ahstueyman wrote:
the1nonlyj wrote:
ahstueyman wrote:

opinions?

So are you still riding the 24" instead then,I just think they are the perfect play thing, no your not gunna win any gold medals on them (maybe DJ) but all round its perfect, the only other criticism is going uphill on it, but going up for me is a chore for the pleasure of coming down, and I definately would not compromise the fun coming down for comfort going up!

No, i dont have my original 24 frame. I traded it with a friend for the bighit in the firstplace. He no longer has it... So im trading my bighit frame for a complete 07 dmr drone.

A well built 24 really is so much fun to ride, and although its a bit of a bee-atch up the hills, it makes up for it in so many more areas.

24's are by far the superior species! and i dont care what all you 26in riders have to say to that. Its just how i feelWhip

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
homicid3 wrote:
photo

would ya look at those olives.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
nothing is better than a cold beer with olives, cheese and chorico

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
homicid3 wrote:
guys guys, lets all agree on 1 thing,
you cant brake these :
photo

photo

photo

photo

except ofcourse for that ugly sherman...
got my vote although i think i have seen one snapped

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039007
Mobile Version of Website