Marzocchi committing brand suicide?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Marzocchi committing brand suicide?
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
Nope i wasn't talking to you the whole forum again. If I'm talking to someone I'll make sure to adress them. It is suspicious when people dont have any photos in their album though

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:19 Quote
androoooo wrote:
THEMANGLER wrote:
Most of you are too young to have any real experience on all of the manufacturers higher level forks. Therefore; you have no frame of reference. This explains why aesthetics are so very important to you and why you keep name dropping pros. As for the old guy on the forum; he has proven himself as nothing more than an antagonist with very, very little to add in the experience department. All of the people that are saying that Marzocchi is "copying" Rock Shox, need to do nothing more than investigate the history of both companies. The bottom line; all of the kids with rich parents are going to go out to their LBS, pay too much for an Argyle, or Gold label, or whatever other horribly built fork their 16 year old buddy tells them to buy and spend more time working on it and bitching about it than riding it. The riders who actually ride, and have to spend their OWN money and not their parents, will buy either a Fox or a Marzocchi. These riders will set their bikes up, ride them and succeed.
I rode bikes a long time ago.Then I stopped.I do not antagonise.You lurk!Why not put your opinion on sooner if you know so much!Wish I could pick an mx bike up!!Smile
Truth be told, you wish you could do most of the things I can do. As far as my opinions go, I post them as soon as I read a thread that I can contribute to. The difference is; I'm not some ex-(you fill it in) looking for salvation. Nor am I a born again rider. I have been riding DH, freeride, and bmx for a very long time. Since most of the people on PB seem to be under 21, I thought I could actually help some of them. I also thought I could find some riding buddies in other countries for my upcomming vacations. I don't lurk. It is odd that a 33 year old guy has nothing better to do than antagonize people on a bike forum about things he knows nothing of.

P.S.

Did you ever figure out which tire goes on the front and which one goes on the back?

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:35 Quote
THEMANGLER wrote:
androoooo wrote:
THEMANGLER wrote:
Most of you are too young to have any real experience on all of the manufacturers higher level forks. Therefore; you have no frame of reference. This explains why aesthetics are so very important to you and why you keep name dropping pros. As for the old guy on the forum; he has proven himself as nothing more than an antagonist with very, very little to add in the experience department. All of the people that are saying that Marzocchi is "copying" Rock Shox, need to do nothing more than investigate the history of both companies. The bottom line; all of the kids with rich parents are going to go out to their LBS, pay too much for an Argyle, or Gold label, or whatever other horribly built fork their 16 year old buddy tells them to buy and spend more time working on it and bitching about it than riding it. The riders who actually ride, and have to spend their OWN money and not their parents, will buy either a Fox or a Marzocchi. These riders will set their bikes up, ride them and succeed.
I rode bikes a long time ago.Then I stopped.I do not antagonise.You lurk!Why not put your opinion on sooner if you know so much!Wish I could pick an mx bike up!!Smile
Truth be told, you wish you could do most of the things I can do. As far as my opinions go, I post them as soon as I read a thread that I can contribute to. The difference is; I'm not some ex-(you fill it in) looking for salvation. Nor am I a born again rider. I have been riding DH, freeride, and bmx for a very long time. Since most of the people on PB seem to be under 21, I thought I could actually help some of them. I also thought I could find some riding buddies in other countries for my upcomming vacations. I don't lurk. It is odd that a 33 year old guy has nothing better to do than antagonize people on a bike forum about things he knows nothing of.

P.S.

Did you ever figure out which tire goes on the front and which one goes on the back?
O.K!!Mangler,you can stay at my house whenever.But I suspect you are just too extreme for me!And i'm not being sarcastic!Yes I am 33.But no I do not wind up.Read my posts!I ask questions,put my own views over.I have no photo up because I do not know how to do that!!!The description of myself is accurate.Surely some props for honesty?P.s,read my post,fat on the front, thin on the back!!!!

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:19 Quote
I'm bringing my trials bike and my DH bike to the UK and you are going to show me around. I'll buy the pints, or tea, or whatever. You just get me to somewhere that will sell me fish and chips. Last time I was there I had to spend nearly the entire time in Aldershot. Deal?

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:26 Quote
Let me know when C.nt!x

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 9:22 Quote
40ozfreeride wrote:
Look where the crown meets the lowers, they both have these spiffy indents there now and the M in the arch of the 66 is getting flatter and flatter...

making it look better and better, IMO . If they were to leave it as is, I'd call the cosmetics of it almost perfect. Only reason it isn't, is cause it can always get better.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 9:39 Quote
If you cannot tell the difference between a 08 Fox or RS or a Marz, then maybe you should look harder, I have no traouble whatsoever distuinguishing forks man. Maybe its just be but I also think this is a very stupid argument/discussion.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:02 Quote
40ozfreeride wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/1102/medium/M_66_ATA.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikepedlar.co.uk/acatalog/totemsilver.jpgI know theyre not the same fork in most ways but they look pretty damn similar...
if you look at all the forks out today they all look pretty dam similar to me.The only diferent company out there is manitou and thats because the have the back wards arch.But all forks do the same purpose and same thing.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:13 Quote
THEMANGLER wrote:
m47h13u wrote:
@ THEMANGLER

Many people identify brands by the logo, I'll give a little push in the right direction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand_recognition.

I don't identify my fork with the logo, but say I'm looking at Cam McCaul's bike and I want to know what he rides, do you really think I'm going to go up to him and ask to try his bike out so I can identify the fork he is using. Of course not, I'm going to identify the logo, and see what's up. Sure, they are at nearly every event, but say they aren't at an event, what do you think all the kids are going to say when they look at the forks, I'm going to go out and buy one. Sure it's easy to buy a fork if you know stuff, but think about a 13 or 14 year old who's only started getting into bikes, he isn't going to look at the name, he's going to look and be like, whoa, that looks sorta like that fork I saw at the race, and not be too certain of what he is looking at. It's easy for you to say that you can recognize a brand by some magical feel test or something, but for the noobs, not so much.

Sweet! Once again I have been put in my place. First, what would possess you to take a Wikipedia article and present it as fact? It can be changed by anyone. Come on. I know that the education system in Canada is better than that. So, next time you have a point to make, make it yourself. Second, all I was attemting to convey was the fact that a fork really should not be judged by its color or stickers. If it were, Rock Shox and Manitou would be bamkrupt. Also, how many 13 and 14 year old kids do you know are out there buying 800-1000 dollar forks? NONE! They are not Marzocchi's target demographic. Simply put, I have wasted my time because, when I was 18 I knew everything too. I didn't realize how ignorant I actually was until much later.
um i really dont think it is fare to say that no 13/14 year old boys are buying forks becsause i am in that age group and i do race wc so that means expensive parts. just because some one is young does not make them incapable of buying a fork.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:34 Quote
Fox, I have always thought are overpriced. Marzocchi are good, but only if you pay lots, though their budget line are quite good. Rockshox are brilliant, their 'solo-air' system isn't great, but their coil line is as good as any. Manitou are underdogs, I like the ideas, but they are lacking of late in technology.

I have had some Marz MX Pro 120mm, light but nothing special. I opted for some RS Tora 318 U-turn coil, due to the issues with the Marz. The Toras are heavier, not air etc. But they are way more plush, easier to work with, better designed, stronger. I think Marz are losing a fan base, they are charging too much for the technology you can get on cheaper RS!

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:39 Quote
THEMANGLER wrote:
I'm bringing my trials bike and my DH bike to the UK and you are going to show me around. I'll buy the pints, or tea, or whatever. You just get me to somewhere that will sell me fish and chips. Last time I was there I had to spend nearly the entire time in Aldershot. Deal?

you poor bastard.
aldershots a hell hole!

and with reference to you earlier slander against rock shox, i moved from marz 2005 DJ 1's to my pikes, which ive had ever since, and would never turn back.
and ive ridden lots of other marz forks, 2007 888 rczxzxzxzxzx12222 things , all mountain sl's,all the way down to mx comps.
they have all been good. but not that good. i would choose a boxxer over a 888 anyday, and a totem over a 66. just because of the experience i had moving from one fork, i will never go back to marz. performance that wows you out of the box is hard to come by, and yes marz can deliver that, but so can others. and at a cheaper price.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
and cheaper, i agree totally man

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:45 Quote
the 2008 marzocchi forks are basically -

fat rockshock lowers - with post mounts - and Fox 40 lower crowns on them.

they looks baaad

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 11:06 Quote
Well I done it registered on Pinkbike so I can participate in the forums. Lord have pity on all you fools. The only people who are getting rich in the bike industry are the guys writing adds we are all victims of mountain bike action. A recent add in a mba read " its hard to be in the moment when your bike is last year" or something to that effect. The reason all the forks look the same is they are all made in the same tawaineese factory by the same company. Take a look at a low end suntour/spinner/rockshocks/marazocchi these forks are all so alike that its possible to swap parts on them the high end stuff is different but as you can tell by reading this thread that they are getting closer. What is my point o ya its all crap and gettin worse all the time. Ive got to put some new bushings and seals in my 96z1 and go huck some flat to flat now.
peel off your stickers and ride the crap out of the crap praise be to the warranty fairy
2oldschool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.163983
Mobile Version of Website