Powered by Outside

Canada to the Polls

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Canada to the Polls
Mod
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
I've seen several NDP ads and they will probably step up their campaigas it is the final push and they have quite a large fan base/supporters.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 8:51 Quote
You know, I just found out the Greens are at 12%.
If they win more then a handful of seats, I'm leaving the country.
Laurie I think that's where the Liberal excess-votes are going, to the Greens, not to the NDP. The commies have been staying relatively stable but the Greens are growing like a weed or something.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
I may not support the greens but i think it is a good idea to have another party in the fold. The further we are from a two party system in my mind is a good idea.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
carnell wrote:
I may not support the greens but i think it is a good idea to have another party in the fold. The further we are from a two party system in my mind is a good idea.

I agree but I really don't want them to have any kind of voting power. just a personal thing, I'm all against global warming but the greens aren't the answer.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
carnell wrote:

More than 2 parties is good and its also bad. The more parties will mean more ideas but at the same time it will also mean that many more people to all get on the same page and agree with one another. With the way Canadian politics works, more parties will just make deadlocks that much more likely and we'll be in the same situation in a couple months.

Mod
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
A lot of people I know who definitely don't support the Liberal party and were annoyed with how the Conservatives were running the country in regards to a few issues, caused a lot of people to be upset and vote for a party such as the Green Party. They did this because as a citizen in a democracy, it is your duty to vote! Instead of spoiling their ballot by using a checkmark instead of an "x" or by "xing" off more than one person, they vote for a party that they know won't get any major seats such as the Green Party so that they can be counted as someone who voted in a federal election. Also, since people have this mentality that if you don't vote, you shouldn't have a say in what happens can be avoided. Sure, they voted which makes them "allowed" to speak their mind but essentially, it was just like a spoiled ballot. Therefore, in instances like this where I am not pleased with any candidates' platforms, I often cast a ballot for a party that I know won't really make a difference if I vote for them.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
A lot of people I know who definitely don't support the Liberal party and were annoyed with how the Conservatives were running the country in regards to a few issues, caused a lot of people to be upset and vote for a party such as the Green Party. They did this because as a citizen in a democracy, it is your duty to vote! Instead of spoiling their ballot by using a checkmark instead of an "x" or by "xing" off more than one person, they vote for a party that they know won't get any major seats such as the Green Party so that they can be counted as someone who voted in a federal election. Also, since people have this mentality that if you don't vote, you shouldn't have a say in what happens can be avoided. Sure, they voted which makes them "allowed" to speak their mind but essentially, it was just like a spoiled ballot. Therefore, in instances like this where I am not pleased with any candidates' platforms, I often cast a ballot for a party that I know won't really make a difference if I vote for them.

Vote Neorhino.

Posted: Apr 15, 2011 at 19:23 Quote
so...here we go again. I'd just like to leave this link with today's news in a local riding (not my riding, but very very close)
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/story/2011/04/15/cv-election-guelph-student-vote.html

FL
Posted: May 3, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
Wow! A Conservative Majority! I was not expecting that. And the Liberals..........wait. What Liberals?? They're almost off the map!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035560
Mobile Version of Website