Powered by Outside

So GT's New DH machine has a DHX Air

PB Forum :: Downhill
So GT's New DH machine has a DHX Air
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
There seems to be a common misconception which is that if somebody is sponsored - all the shit they run is amazing and the future of bikes and never has any problems etc etc

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 5:39 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
Air suspension is waaaaay behind coil & oil on every level.

Plushness: If anyone can honestly say that their DHX5 air shock feels as smooth as a spring DHX5 then your obviously lying.

Reliability: Spring and oil waaaaay more reliable. Air suspension packs up and needs £200 repairs and services after riding for a week in france. The cartridges in air forks just collapse in those conditions too. Just can't take the hammering of rough tracks everyday.

buckow lives in champery and runs an air shock on his scott gambler and i dont think he has any problems, and lots of air shocks are run at my resort and havent had any problems, there is some stiction if youre just stood there bouncing up and down but not noticable on the trail. honestly i dont think theres anything wrong with air shocks for downhill if you stop listening to all the bullshit on pinkbike and just try it for yourself

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 2:53 Quote
stryke wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
Air suspension is waaaaay behind coil & oil on every level.

Plushness: If anyone can honestly say that their DHX5 air shock feels as smooth as a spring DHX5 then your obviously lying.

Reliability: Spring and oil waaaaay more reliable. Air suspension packs up and needs £200 repairs and services after riding for a week in france. The cartridges in air forks just collapse in those conditions too. Just can't take the hammering of rough tracks everyday.

buckow lives in champery and runs an air shock on his scott gambler and i dont think he has any problems, and lots of air shocks are run at my resort and havent had any problems, there is some stiction if youre just stood there bouncing up and down but not noticable on the trail. honestly i dont think theres anything wrong with air shocks for downhill if you stop listening to all the bullshit on pinkbike and just try it for yourself
It's bulls..t to you but it's honest evaluation and opinion honed by experience to us.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
Here's a quick little idea. Buy the bike and replace the shock with a good one :O that's not so difficult is it? Honestly if you have 7000 bucks to drop on this machine... I'm going to assume you can afford to drop another couple hundred on maybe the Fox DHX 5.0 just to replace the Fox DHX Air?

But anyways. I think the bike is sexy as hell. Carbon fiber is a hot idea and I like the general look of the bike. GT is awesome. This is my dream machine right here... assuming you change the shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027095
Mobile Version of Website