Powered by Outside

A really really good free ride, down hill hard tail.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
A really really good free ride, down hill hard tail.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 12:02 Quote
wannakona wrote:
m47h13u wrote:
ramquatch wrote:
yeh but norco is hand made in canada it a big distributing company but not a mass producer
Maybe in Australia they are a less common bike, but Norco dominates the Canadian market. I agree with him going with something else.

Is there a reason they dominate the market? I agree that small bike companies definately have advantages, but hey, no one can deny quality products from a large company, eh? If I am wrong, please reply!

The only reason they dominate the market is Price/availabillity, Mass marketing/ads, and peoples lack of knowlege of the higher quallity of smaller companies!!!Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 12:15 Quote
Eh... I would rather avoid Nicolai anyways, to expensive.

FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 12:22 Quote
you tried DMR ex[alt]????? awesome steel freeride/dh hardtail frame, reasonably priced and of course a great UK make. Check them out, nothing to fancy and complex just a solid frame intended for the right purpose.
ANT

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 13:02 Quote
go with the bansche morphine, a solid bike for bretty much everything then slap a pike or something on it and youre set.. The morphine is so strong it can hold a totem

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 13:05 Quote
id go for a .243 fr frame with an adjustable fork say a domain or a talas so you would have a bike that could hit up a park then go huck some stuff.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 13:07 Quote
banshee-ripper wrote:
Here is another great frame, but it would be way out of your price range I'm sure at: $1500+(calculated on Xe.com currency converter)Madder

http://nicolai.net/products/e-frames/e-2mxtb.html

Check out the wicked colors avail.tup

thats a Steezey looken frame, the colors are insane.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:52 Quote
banshee-ripper wrote:
Here is another great frame, but it would be way out of your price range I'm sure at: $1500+(calculated on Xe.com currency converter)Madder

that looks like a blatent rip-off of the evil imperial. the imperial is basically the same frame and same geo but it has been around MUCH longer. there's a link to there site on page 7. check it out.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:56 Quote
that nicolai has wacked colours man

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 19:27 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
banshee-ripper wrote:

that looks like a blatent rip-off of the evil imperial. the imperial is basically the same frame and same geo but it has been around MUCH longer. there's a link to there site on page 7. check it out.

HAAA! You are so wrong, as the first NICOLAI 2MXTB, was shown in the 1998 MTB-Action buyers-guide!!!Moon The evil was brought out around 2002 and it is the copy! The Nicolai is the oryginal!!!lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 19:38 Quote
What i don't understand is how a .243 Racing can be considered a Free Ride Hard Tail while it has one of the most skinniest frame design. It seems that frame can be used for Trials not Free Riding.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 22:12 Quote
Confused

Skinniest frame design? the SL is fairly thin diameter. But the DH And FR are pretty damn beefy, plus they are steel which allows you to use less material, but have the same strength (arguments both sides on this) if you built a steel bike that had tubing like a morphine the frame would weight like 15pounds. My Pyscho has very skinny diameter tubing, yet I don't doubt that it is just as strong as my old 125 or my friends flow DJ is.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 22:43 Quote
noxy wrote:
What i don't understand is how a .243 Racing can be considered a Free Ride Hard Tail while it has one of the most skinniest frame design. It seems that frame can be used for Trials not Free Riding.

you need to learn that a the diameter of the tubing has very little to do with the durability of a frame. a 243 frame would definitely not be light enough to be used as a "proper" trials bike.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 22:44 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
noxy wrote:

you need to learn that a the diameter of the tubing has very little to do with the durability of a frame.
Please elaborate. I would like to learn more.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 22:48 Quote
NS bitch! the Bitch frame is made for freeride and downhill . its even warranteed under a 180mm fork, thats what i call freeride

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 22:48 Quote
due to it being steel its heavier then Al. I believe the frames are around 7lbs, steel is a stronger yet heavier material, in short requiring less material to accumulate the same amount of strength as al.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 2.721091
Mobile Version of Website