Powered by Outside

OMFG i just ordered a morewood Makulu!

PB Forum :: Downhill
OMFG i just ordered a morewood Makulu!
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
sup3rc0w wrote:
Cheers mate and haha fair enough - however the only lines I have ever seen at a Maccy D's is the lines of cocaine (might have been pool chlorine due to coke's expense)
the local chavs shnarf in the toilets :p

For those asking for a review, I'll post a quick list of impressions as I am not the literary pensmith
As with everything, this is my own opinion and after I just spent the better part of £4500 on it I probably wont be inclined to see faults as easily as a "proper bike reviewer"

So from Joe-average's point of view

Pro's

* Sticks to a corner like sh!t does to a woollen blanket.
* Corners like a dream.
* Constantly uses all the travel without feeling like it's bottomed out. I have cased a little double something silly, and felt the backwheel touch my ass and still felt like there was more travel to be had.
My BOS fork uses all travel al the time as well, but yet at the same time is super stiff and plush.
* The first thing everyone says when swinging a leg over is "WOW it pedals like a dream". It literally pedals like a heavier hardtail and I have noticed no bop to speak of - period
* [warning, Cliché incoming] The bike urges you to do more, push it further. It inspires confidence (but maybe it just because I have much room for improvement :p )
* It's light, but not overly light, just perfect for me not being a skinny kid with hollow legs. I weight 80 Kilograms and I think the 38.5 lbs (guesstimate, sill need to actually weigh it) suits me like a glove.
* The bike LOVES ROOTES and small bumps - it feels so very smooth.

Con's

* Erm...Rider ability doesn't match the bike's ability Wink - Being eye-catching this doesn't help :p
* There are only two sizes, but I had riders from 5,6" to 6.1" ride my small and all said it feels just fine. My friend who rode my Small said he could easily have that as his size, however he just ordered one, and got a large just to be on the safe side (he's 6.1")

Parts list

Morewood Makulu frame (small size)
BOS sex toy shock
BOS Idylle fork
x.9 Shifter
X.9 Super short dérailleur
Saint Cranks
e.thirteen LG1
e.thirteen 38T chainring
Shimano roady casette
DT Swiss 5.1d on hope pro 2
Troy Lee Sella Italia Seat
FSA seat post
Shimano XT brakes
Nuke proof warhead handlebar (760mm)
Dangerboy DM stem
Cane Creek reducer headset
Wellgo MG1 pedals
SRAM hollowpin chain
Swamp thing tires
Lizard Skin peaty grips
Is the bike rather made for tight turny und jumpy tracks or fast and straight tracks??
Could you use it for dh too???

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:11 Quote
patrikorlainsky wrote:
Is the bike rather made for tight turny und jumpy tracks or fast and straight tracks??

No you can't use it for DH.

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
sup3rc0w wrote:
patrikorlainsky wrote:

sorry dude i meant fr lol

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
Can't use it for FR either, its illegal to do so in 7 European countries.

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:45 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Can't use it for FR either, its illegal to do so in 7 European countries.
Your moms illegal to do but i still do her

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
Good one..............

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:51 Quote
You lucky lucky mother f*cker! Im a PMB boy myself so i was going to try and get a family member to bring a morewood over when they are on holiday next year!.... i highly doubt it will happen though Frown

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 6:57 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Good one..............
lol what equals three on utube its soo funny

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 8:20 Quote
fooboy86

I've had it a year now, but thanks Smile (thread revival ftw :p )
I called the boys in PMB myself, made sure my Dutchman accent was dialled to the max and tried to find out whether it's actually any cheaper if I buy it there. It was not the case, and it worked out at the same price.

patrikorlainsky wrote:
patrikorlainsky wrote:

sorry dude i meant fr lol[/Quote]

I don't believe there is such a thing as "can't or can use the bike for this or that"
It's better at DH than it would be at FR , but I see no reason why you can't FR with it.

If FR is what you are looking to do... whatever you define as FR, then the new Kalula would be better suited as it's 7" travel, shorter chainstay, more progressive in it's travel etc.

You can see some more here
http://www.morewoodbikes.com/blog/2009/10/bike-show-video-blog/

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 8:27 Quote
sup3rc0w wrote:
fooboy86

I called the boys in PMB myself, made sure my Dutchman accent was dialled to the max and tried to find out whether it's actually any cheaper if I buy it there. It was not the case, and it worked out at the same price.

haha my bad i didnt even realise that!
how has the morewood been running then?

You from PMB yourself?

Posted: Dec 12, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
fooboy86 wrote:
sup3rc0w wrote:
fooboy86

haha my bad i didnt even realise that!
how has the morewood been running then?

You from PMB yourself?

No I'm from PE :p
The bike is phenominal and I wouldnt want to be riding anything else!

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
Please could somone tell me the bb height for the morewood, in inches if possible.

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
feuuch-dher wrote:
Please could somone tell me the bb height for the morewood, in inches if possible.

I measured mine and it came to 13.68", but it depends on your fork crown to axle length and tire size (mine being a large size frame with 2010 Boxxers and Kenda Excavators 2.35" tires).

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 6:57 Quote
Thanks alot guys, merry xmas lolSmile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024623
Mobile Version of Website